24

Ivy is standing near the balcony window of her room just at the time the door opens and Lucifer steps inside.

"I was waiting for you papa."

"Come here, Ivy." She looks back at him to find him sitting on her bed. Ivy slowly makes her way towards him and take a seat beside him.

"Exact 28 years ago I met your mother; the first time we saw each other and at the same time our wedding was fixed. You see Elena was had only turned 18 a day ago and I was 22 when we got married. It was just a arranged marriage but it was the best decision my father as in your late grandfather Vincent Santiago made. A year later, Elena gave birth to Valentino and I fell more in love with that woman. At the moment when you born, it was the happiest and pure moment of our wife. We all were overjoyed including Eliza and Micah too. They were my most trustable man's sons who got killed saving me. For Eliza and Micah, I and Elena are their godparents. Our family was perfect. Those five boys really loved you, Ivy. With you, their days really started and ended. One day Elena announced that she was pregnant again. But that time was a little hard upon us because the marriage contract between I and Elena was going to terminate. Our marriage was just a part of business deal but it was our choice if we wanted to continue it after 12 years. If it weren't for our lawyers reminding us about this contract, we would had never even remember about this. There was no need to end this marriage but Elena's brothers were a little too not happy hearing this. They wanted her to terminate this marriage because they had already selected someone more worthy than me for her." Ivy gasps at Lucifer's words. Lucifer pats her head with a small smile.

"But Elena fought. She fought for our marriage and our kids. Even if it costed her to end every connection with her brothers. Her brothers were angry and seeking revenge. Because Elena had insulted them badly in front of the whole world when they tried to use force on her. Finally at the time your little sister Haley was born, they took it as a perfect opportunity for revenge. They tried to kill me and Elena when we were on our way back to home. The time gave me option to choose Elena and Haley. I managed to protect Elena but I tried. I tried so hard but I couldn't s-save Haley. That psychopath shot my newborn in front of us. I killed Elena's brother but one managed to get away. This is where from everything started to break. That moment was a curse when Elena ended this marriage. She threatened me that she will kill herself if I ever tried to reach her. She also took you away from us. I didn't chased after her, I decided to believe that it really was my destiny." Ivy wipes his tears away and hugs him.

"It isn't your fault papa." Lucifer's heart filled was touched at her words. He was glad that his daughter didn't hate me like he thought she would after heading the truth.

"But what happened to mama? How I ended up in the orphanage?" Lucifer sighed knowing that this was the most heartbreaking part.

"Your mother is alive." Ivy's eyes widened at his words.

"After finding about your real identity, I did my own research and found out that she willingly gave you to the orphanage. Greta was your mother's friend. Then she reunited with her parents. She wanted to punish me, seeing me suffering at every moment but when she found out that accidentally you have reunited with your brothers and me, she tried to take you away. That man who stabbed you that day and later tried to kidnap you was your stepfather's best man."

"S-stepfather? S-she married?" Lucifer's pained face said it all.

"That also means that Greta knew everything from the very start." Lucifer nods lightly.

"She was just keeping tabs on you through Greta. That's why I refused to let you go back to the orphanage. You are not safe outside." There is a sudden surge of anger in Ivy's chest. But it washes away immediately.

"P-papa. Do you still love her?" Lucifer freezes a little.

"I loved her a lot, your brothers loved her a lot even though she was never really here for them but when she tried to hurt you, we started to hate her."

Hope you guys like these chapters.

Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link's in my profile....❤️

If you got time, check out second part of my book Older Brothers-- Her Seven Deadly Brothers