Chapter 2 - Lexi opens up.

Maria helped Lexi get cleaned up, and explained what was happening since Lexi was adopted. She told MJ, and Nick. Both parents decided to keep Lexi home, and Lexi seemed relieved. "Alexis, what are you hiding," Nick asked, Lexi responded with, "I-I'm being bullied at school." Nick didn't hesitate to take her out, and the parents decided to homeschool her. Since they still had a curriculum from when MJ was homeschooled at the same age as Lexi. Maria started Lexi on that curriculum, and Lexi was through with school at noon. Maria told her, "I need to go into work, do you want to come with me?" "May I," was the reply Maria said yes, Lexi got her shoes, and coat on. Once at the SHIELD HQ, Lexi, and Maria went up to Nicks office. Nick set her up with some paper and coloring tools he had in his office, and Maria got to work, as did Nick. After a few hours, Lexi was bored, and asked to walk around the facility. Nick said yes, but told her to be back in the office by 3:00. She said okay, and went to walk around the facility. A couple hours later, she makes her way back to the office. When she gets there MJ is there, "hey M," Lexi said. "Oh hey Lexi," MJ replied, "how was the first day of homeschool?" "Good," was the reply, then Nick spoke,"Alexis I told you 3;00 it's 3:15, where were you?" Lexi froze, she'd lost track of time, "Sorry dad I lost track of time, I promise it won't happen again." Nick gave a little laugh, "I'm messing with you Lexi, it's 2:45." Lexi laughed, and after a few minutes, "daddy," Nick looked at her, "as I was walking around I saw this really cute boy, I like him, and he likes me. Can I.....you know...." "Alexis I told you not right now because you lied." Lexi sighed, "however it's been a week already and you've shown maturity." Lexi looks at Nick excited, "what's his name," "I don't know we just looked at each other." "Well if you want to show me who he is, and ask him his name, you can." Lexi hugged him, and he followed her to where the boy was. "Hi, I'm Alexis," "Oh hey I'm Peter," Lexi looked at Nick, Nick took her back to the office, "daddy," "yes Lexi, you can." Lexi was excited, she hugged her dad, and then went back to coloring. Then someone entered the room, Lexi recognized the face, "hey Steve," she said. Nick smiled, and then Steve asked him an question. Before leaving Nick told Lexi, "I'm leaving the room for some time stay here. Mommy will come and get you later," Lexi said okay, and carried on coloring. Later on she heard the door creak, "mom," she called, "she's not here," a gruff voice said. Lexi ran out the back as fast as she could. She ran into Maria, "mommy someone tried to take me," Maria immediately told Lexi to stay with Nat. Then she went to the office to find the person looking through Nick's desk. "What are you doing here, and why were you trying to take my daughter?" The guy looked at her, it was Alexander Pierce, "oh I have my reasons," he responded. Right then Nick came, "PIERCE," he said, Pierce looked at him, then left. Then Nick asked, "where's Lexi," "right here dad," Lexi walked in with Nat. Nick didn't look happy, so before he said anything, Maria said, "Pierce was in here, and he was trying to take her." "Yeah so I had to run out the back and tell mom," Lexi added.