*Sleep*Kacy*

Kate<3

I lay awake staring at the ceiling, all the small dents and cracks in the texture. This is what my life has come to, staring at ceiling details at 3 AM instead of actually sleeping. It's been years since Noah was killed, and I still have trouble sleeping half the time. This is the most frustrating thing. I'm exhausted but can't sleep. His face is all I see when I close my eyes. I can only think about how I couldn't do anything. Hell, I can't even find out who leaked the information that got him killed. I toss the covers off of me and jump out of bed. I can't just sit here and sleep. Anger is rushing through my whole body; it feels like I'm going to explode, like I need to scream until my lungs hurt.

I walk across the room to the window. The city looks beautiful at night, with all the street lights clashing with the ocean. I watch as the waves crash against the sand. I take a deep breath as I stare out the window. The next thing I know, I feel familiar arms wrap around my waist. Lucy. "Can't sleep again?" I nod and turn around, so I'm now facing her. As she pulls me in closer, I can feel my eyelashes starting to collect my tears. "Hey, it's going to be ok, you're going to be ok" she whispers and moves my straying hair out of my eyes.

"Let's go lay back down okay." I nod and follow her back over to the bed. She sits on the bed while I just stand there staring at her. Her dark brown hair in a low messy bun was still managing to stray everywhere. Her brown eyes reminded me of the sun when I go surfing on Saturday mornings. They are effortlessly warm. I feel safe with her. I crawl into bed and lay my head on her chest as she runs her fingers through my hair.

She starts quietly humming, "Like real people do by Hozier" while braiding a strand of my hair. I could breathe again. The pressure in my chest disappeared when I listened to her heartbeat. I took another deep breath. "Do you feel better now?" She whispered, "With you? Always" I responded, "I love you." "I love you too" she responds, then kisses the top of my head as I finally fall asleep.

A/N : My friend sent me a prompt she found and was like "Kacy" and therefore this was born I hope you enjoy it's like medium decent so<3