4

How fast can a girl in high heels be? Apparently faster than me, and I'm already in good physical form. I couldn't just let her get away with my stuff, and I did manage to find her, but she decided to run away. Chasing her is a waste of time. I lost her after a few seconds and I'll never find her in this house. It's huge and she clearly knows it better than me, and as if the day couldn't get worse, I managed to get lost. The positive side of this story is that I have more time to make excuses or I could just plan my funeral because mom is going to kill me.

I survived, but at what cost? I'm just joking. They weren't that mad at me. I've seen worse. They were just really disappointed. We tried to search through the whole house. We saw and heard some interesting things, including that someone is getting a divorce. I wonder who.

We've been searching for 10 minutes and mom and dad are seriously thinking about just giving up; it's hopeless anyway.

Ant, you're going to have to break into your own car. We can't just let it stay here. The disappointment in her voice is clear. I don't even feel like saying anything. Now is a time, where I could actually use Maddy's help because I couldn't steal a car, even if my life depended on it. I just don't know how.

I have to try to apply everything I've learned from movies, which is basically nothing because they never show it up close.To my luck, the car wasn't even locked. It's not the first time that happened. I should still really start remembering to lock it.

Now to the even harder part: getting the car to turn on. I know that I have to get two cables from somewhere, but how do I know which?

Where the hell are they, because I can't seem to find them, no matter how much I try? Do I have to break part of the plastic off? Let's hope I don't because I like my car the way it is 

"If you continue like that, you are never going to leave this place." I heard an all too familiar voice state

"How did you get in here and why?"

"stole your car keys, duh.... And I've got a question. Wh-"

"Why would I answer your question if you didn't answer mine?"

"Because you don't want the whole wide world to see your browsing history." She said, with a grin on her face "And now let me continue or I am actually going to go through with it. While I was messing with your phone and the data on it, I found some interesting files. I just want you to tell me who this is. You do not have any files on him. I need to know who and where he is. "

I know exactly who that is in the picture.

That's my cousin on my father's side. And I don't know where he is. We've been trying to find him for ages, but he vanished, just like you. "

" Liar. You do not have any cousins. Your parents do not have siblings. Now tell me his name and where he is. "

" No, I'm telling the truth. He's my cousin. Just a very very distant cousin. His name is Alpheus Bentos and just like you, he vanished a few years ago. We tried to find him because he's connected to Lemuria. We've been unsuccessful in that. Why are you even asking?"

" That is none of your business," she spat while throwing my phone, wallet and keys at me.

"Where are you going?"

" Back inside, I need something to eat and then I will leave this place and go back home."

" How about you come with me, help us find my grandparents and after that, I'll help you find Alpheus." Now this is a deal that she can't refuse.

She's self-centered and will only do stuff if there's something in it for her. This has to do with I don't know why she needs to find him, but honestly, if I can use that to get what I want, then I don't care.

" No." 

°°°°°°°°A/N°°°°°°°°

gain a short chapter. I have to be honest, I haven't really been in the mood to write this book lately. I don't really have time and the reason this chapter might sick a little is because I wrote it during class. I hope that you still kinda like it. 

If you haven't noticed, I changed the cover and the story description. The new cover is only temporary, I'm working on something new. That might take a while though. 

Have a nice weekend🎊