: ̗̀➛ 𝟎𝟎

The sun sunk into the horizon, a soft orange hue consuming the once bright skies

The sun sunk into the horizon, a soft orange hue consuming the once bright skies. A calm stillness filled the room, the pitter patter of rain colliding against the windows worked as the only background noise in the suffocating silence that filled the room.

"You have to be kidding me," a hoarse voice finally broke the silence, lifting her aching body from the bed as she stared at the doctor who stood opposite her, looking at her empathetically.

"I understand how you feel, but I can assure you there was nothing wrong with the diagnosis." A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he shook his head, this was the fifth time he had re-diagnosed the girl and she was unwilling to accept it.

"It's a mere flu, what do you mean I cannot participate in my match tomorrow? My whole career and future rides on it." Her face fell as she coughed, her expression morphing into one of pain.

"A 'mere flu' that was once the death of many. Please, i get how important it is to you, but you can always participate in others. If you push yourself now, who knows if you'll ever live to fight another match." His tone changed, a hint of annoyance scorching through his veins. He was not forced to work overtime for this.

Kuro's lips parted to throw a string of curses only for her mouth to snap shut at the glare her mother sent her.

"Thank you, doctor. I'm sorry for the way my daughter has been behaving. We'll take your advice and let her rest. If you could just give us the prescriptions, then we'll be on our way." She sent him a polite, yet apologetic smile as she grabbed Kuro by her arm, gripping it slightly as if to say, 'just wait till we get home', causing her to flinch and look away from her.

Once they entered the car, Kuro huffed and crossed her arms, fastening her seatbelt as she looked outside the window. "Will you stop treating me like a child?"

"I'll stop treating you like one when you act your age. Did you have to make the poor guy repeat himself five times?" Her mother questioned, starting the engines and pulling out of the parking lot.

"You and I both know I cannot risk not attending the match. The top scouters will be watching, how can i not go?" She sighed heavily and ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, a small cough escaping from her lips as she sunk into the seat.

Her mother glanced at her once she stopped by the red lights, looking at her daughter in pity. "Sweetheart, I know how you feel, your dad and I were with you throughout your career, but please, look after your health for once."

"I'm not that sick." And cue a series of coughs.

"I'd let you participate but your fever keeps fluctuating from 39 to 40, you know that's not a good sign." She attempted to persuade, only to be met with silence.

The sick female lay in bed, huddled under her blanket as her best friend Bora rummaged through the snack drawer and the mini fridge shoved under her desk.

"If I see a single spill, you're licking that shit," she lifted her head slightly to throw a pillow at the girl's head.

"I'm into that shit," she replied as she stood up, shutting the fridge door and standing up with a handful of snacks and drinks. Tossing the snacks onto the bed, she hopped next to the suffering female.

"You're a fucking weirdo," lifting her body, she sat up against the headboard, grabbing the remote control and flipping through the channels.

"You've got the mouth of a fucking sailor. This is why your match got canceled," Bora retorted.

"I will punt you," Kuro said, throwing another pillow at her friend's face.

"I'm sure you will," she rolled her eyes, snatching the remote from the sick female's hand. "Anyway, I know exactly what'll make you feel better," she grinned, "What about some good ol' Naruto?"

Kuro huffed in annoyance, however, her lips hooked into a small smile before she broke out into another coughing fit.

"Damn, don't die in front of me."

"I really hope you get hit by a truck."

"Me too, maybe I'll experience one of those reincarnations."

"Praying it's the promised neverland."

"Kill yourself."

The banter went on until the show started, causing it to stop as they both were engrossed in the show. The lights of the room were dimmed, the only lights were from the tv and the fairy lights that hung by the bay window.

"You know, I'd totally reenact the scenes from the book Kakashi reads with him." Her friend's voice snapped her back into reality, the words that left her mouth caused her to sigh.

"You need a serious psychological evaluation." Before Bora could defend herself, Kuro groaned, holding her head in her hand.

"Are you okay? You know i was kidding when I said to kill yourself, don't actually die on me." She frantically checked on her. "Shit, you're burning up again. Wait," She stood up from the bed and grabbed the medicine scattered on the girl's vanity.

Lifting her head, Kuro furrowed her eyebrows, staring at the tv screen with head spinning. "Is it just me or is the tv..." feeling nauseous, she looked down at her hands. "Uh... Bora..."

"Wait wait, i got it!" She spun around only to see Kuro's body evaporating. "What the fuck."

"You've got a situation too..." She pointed to her friend.

"Oh, what the Jumanji type shit..."

The room became empty, the lights flickered, the only sound was from the tv before it turned off, causing the room to fall into silence.