Little Magic

Hey y'all, it's Shadow! I hope you're having a great day and I hope to make it even better with this new one-shot! NOTE: I do not own Minecraft, Mianite, any YouTubers mentioned, and really, I don't own anything except this story.

Little Magic

I jumped as I heard a loud bang from outside, accompanied by a bright flash of purple light and a pained scream. I mentally groaned, abandoning the perch I was making for my owl pet, and rushed outside, knowing to immediately go up to the mountain where Wag lived. It sounded like one of his spells had backfired again, and judging by the scream, the result wouldn't have been pleasant.

In fact, now that I was thinking more about it, I was worried for Wag. I had never heard him scream like that before; so full of agony and pain. Now fueled by a new urgency, I rushed up to the doorway of his newly-built tower, courtesy of Farmer Steve, and hopped onto his elevator after finding nothing on the main floor.

It was on the third floor that I found Wag - lying on the ground and twitching slightly. But that's not what caught my attention.

It was the fact that Wag... wasn't Wag anymore.

He was a little child - probably no more than five years old - and was nearly covered by the robe that his adult form usually wore. His skin was very pale and he had ruffled dark brown hair that trailed to his shoulders.

"Wag?" I whispered, unsure of what to do with the unconscious child in front of me. Wag whimpered, twitching again, and I felt pity strike my heart. Poor Wag must have been in a lot of pain after the spell.

I gently picked him up, and after realising that he was buck naked, wrapped his purple-grey cloak around him. I couldn't leave Wag here alone; not in this state. No doubt he would be pissed at me after he woke up, but for now I was going to take him to my house. Maybe I could ask Martha to make some clothes for him too.

My eyes widened. Oh crap. How was I even going to tell the others that our powerful wizardly friend had been turned into a five year-old? That was something I hadn't thought about.

Oh, and something else I hadn't considered. How were we going to change Wag back? The other wizards didn't live that far away, but taking Wag through the Taint would be dangerous. He couldn't wear armour like this and the Taint Swarms would kill him instantly.

I frowned and adjusted Wag so that his head was resting on my shoulder. He sighed, still unconscious, and snuggled up against my hoodie. I couldn't resist a smile. I would love teasing him about this once he was back to normal.

I made my way slowly out of Wag's house, picking my way down the mountain with the utmost caution for fear of waking Wag up. I held him tightly against me so he wouldn't fall and get hurt on the sharp stones.

Why am I being so protective of him? I mentally scolded myself. It's not like I was his mother or anything.

Though it would be nice having someone else to look after for a little while...

"Hey Sonja!" I started when I heard Tucker shouting at me from a distance and looked up to see him flying towards me, his rapier in hand. He landed in front of me and was about to say something, but abruptly stopped when he saw Wag in my arms with his cloak wrapped around him like a blanket.

"Who is that?" Tucker asked curiously, pointing at Wag.

"That's Waglington," I answered, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Haha, no seriously," Tucker stared at me. "Who is that?"

"It's Waglington," I said again, shifting slightly on my feet as Wag stirred a bit. He actually wasn't that heavy, even though he would probably be about as high as my waist if he was standing up.