Chapter 63

Now that the news of the disaster has spread, and the villagers have begun to make preparations, Pei Shaorong saved his troubles and began to follow the villagers to the town to shop and store food.

Although I have the space and I don't lack this food, I still have to act like it, and I can't say how long this thing will last. In short, it's right to be fully prepared!

And who was Pei Shaorong in his previous life? He was someone who had experienced disasters and the end of the world, so he said he was buying supplies pretentiously, but he was actually the craziest hoarder in the village...

The news of the mountain and creek disaster spread in Linjiang Village less than two days ago, and other villages and towns After learning the news one after another, all the people exploded and rushed to the town to buy food.

And at this time, the weather changed, what should have been a cold winter turned into a hot summer overnight!

What the hell is going on?

Everyone is stupid, this kind of thing can't be explained and accepted even by well-informed modern people, let alone superstitious ancient people.

What Zheng San said before? His Majesty Dali offended the fairy in the sky, and the saying that the gods brought disasters quickly spread throughout Dali as the weather changed, and people were suddenly panicked...

After a short period of panic, everyone went crazy It's not true that no one has any news this time. Even if you want to hoard things, you should save some money. Everyone will use their savings to buy food and living materials.

As for the official government, Yueyang Town is a small place, but a small yamen similar to a police station has been set up to solve some trivial matters on weekdays.

These officials have little status and can't care about anything. They are all people who eat imperial food and don't do anything. Now that the news of the disaster suddenly broke out, everyone is in a mess, and the people from the small yamen are also in chaos, and they don't know what to do.

In ancient times, communication was backward. If you want to wait until the news here is reported and let the face come up with a solution, it will take at least several months...

Now the disasters and refugees in the mountains and rivers are not important, the important thing is the sudden weather The change made everyone understand a truth, that is, everyone will be hit by a natural disaster soon!

With everyone's madness in selling food, the price of goods in the town also rose wildly, and even the price of blue bricks in Xinghua Town also rose.

Don't think that the ancients were very backward, stupid and idiots. The ancients were just a little less knowledgeable, but their brains were not stupid.

In the face of disaster and famine, except for food, everyone understands one truth, a safe house!

If there is no safe house, even if the family has enough food, if other jealous people see it, they will go to the door to grab it before they survive. There are no officers and soldiers stationed in this small place, and they can only rely on themselves.

Especially here in Yueyang, some people escaped from the great drought and natural disaster in Dali country decades ago. For example, Father Mo is one of them. Therefore, people here in Yueyang are more worried than those in other places. !

When this year's year was over, everyone's frantic efforts to store food and build walls stopped because Yueyang Town could no longer buy food.

The blue bricks in Xinghua Town are also sold out. If you want to build the wall, you have to cut the blue stone yourself. If you can't do it well, you will die. You can only choose other methods to strengthen your yard and gate...

At this time , The Pei family is also the same as the villagers. In addition to their own space, the two cellars of the new house and the old house are full of things.

Looking at the weather that suddenly changed from winter to summer, Pei Shaorong thought about it, bought a lot of large tanks, and quietly ran to the river to save a lot of water in the space.

At the same time, Pei Shaorong went to the town to buy a lot of iron needles and iron needles, which were densely fixed on the inside of their own walls. In addition, when the house was repaired, there were anti-theft saw teeth on it.

After the New Year's Lantern Festival, the villagers' preparations for food storage had been completed, and Pei Shaorong also found that there were many unfamiliar faces in the entire Linjiang Village.

These unfamiliar faces are actually people from Linjiang Village. They are basically men from various families who go out to work and earn money, and people who have settled in the town for a long time.

Aunt Qin's son Qin Musheng also came back, not only came back, but also brought back his daughter-in-law and her family.

As soon as the news of the disaster came out, people living in the prosperous town basically couldn't help but run to their hometown in the countryside.

In fact, this is the same as the difference between modern cities and rural areas. People living in towns rely on business and labor for their livelihoods. They have money, but they don't have a lot of land to store food. If there is something, the town is really not as good as the country.

The food supplies shipped from other places in the town have long been snapped up, and if they continue to stay in the town, they will inevitably face a situation where they cannot buy food even if they have money.

And now the people in the Xiaoyamen in the town don't stop the chaos and appease everyone, they are preparing themselves, because they know more news than everyone else.

The court has not come up with a solution yet. It is better to find a solution first in the face of the refugees who are about to come from the mountains and streams, and the natural disasters and famines that may occur.

This country is different from the town. Everyone lives by farming, and the family will have more or less food. Therefore, people in the town who have relatives and old houses in the countryside have returned to their hometowns and plan to tide over this difficult time. go back.

After all, they are people from the village, even if they haven't come back for many years, but as long as they belong to one village, if they are in trouble, the villagers will help each other out.

As soon as the news of the disaster came out and the weather changed, in just over a month, Pei Shaorong seemed to have returned to the end of his previous life.

It's just that there are no zombies here, and this disaster only happened in Dali Kingdom, that is to say, no matter how serious it is, it will always pass.

This is not a global apocalypse. Even if Linjiang Village can't hold on to it, it is still possible to live in other countries. This is just a normal and special natural disaster and famine.

But even so, Pei Shaorong had to sigh that he was really unlucky enough. He thought that he could live comfortably in the peaceful era, but he encountered a disaster again, and he didn't know how long the famine would last...

From There are many people coming back from the town. Besides Aunt Qin's son, there is another family that I have to mention. That is the old owner of the house that Pei Shaorong bought when he first came!

The Tian family moved to the town together more than ten years ago. He opened a small restaurant in the town, but he has not been back to the village for so many years.

Now in the event of a disaster, the Tian family's small restaurant can't do any more, and can only run back like the others, which naturally reminds him of the old house that his family didn't want back then.

Don't look at this old house when Pei Shaorong bought it, it was dilapidated and old, but when the Tian family repaired it, it also cost a lot of money.

But who would have thought that the house deed of his own house had been placed in the village chief's place for more than ten years and could not be sold. The year before the disaster, it was suddenly bought by others.

The Tian family regretted it badly now. After the house was sold, the village chief gave his family only 3000 yuan of silver. At the time, they thought it was a good deal, but now it seems to be a big loss.

If they can't go back to their old house, if they want to live in the village now, they can only buy the few remaining old houses in the village. They are dilapidated and old, but they are not as strong and comfortable as the house that his family built!

And after Pei Shaorong bought the house, he repaired it and now it looks stronger and more beautiful than when the Tian family was built. More importantly, Pei Shaorong replaced the fence of the yard with a blue brick fence.

The Tian family wanted to take such a safe and beautiful house back even more, but Pei Shaorong refused to do it if the Tian family wanted to return the three-point money back to the old house.

Not to mention three taels of money for this house, even if the Tian family gave thirty taels of money, he would not return it!

Not to mention that there are a large number of modern materials in the cellar of the house, which were taken out to make room for food, but the wall outside the house, which he built connected to his new house.

In other words, the old house and the new house are together, just like the front yard and the back yard. If he really wants to let the Tian family live in, won't he live under the same roof with strangers in the future? This is absolutely impossible!

The village chief, who was pulled by the Tian family, looked at it and leaned towards the Pei family. If it were him, he would definitely still be reluctant to live under the same roof with strangers.

What's more, the Tian family is too stingy. What do you think about taking three coin to take back the old house's head, this old house is worth more than three coin now when it is repaired and repaired by the Pei family.

No one is willing to change this matter, no wonder Pei Xianggong refused, this Tian family must have thought too well!

The Tian family didn't want to get this house, but was taught a lesson by the village chief, and finally lived in an old house in the west of the village.

The people from this village who went to the town came back, not only did Pei Shaorong encounter a little unhappiness, but also other people in the village, who were very annoying recently.

You must know that the number of people in a family in ancient times is not comparable to that of four or five people in modern times. This family can be called a family.

Once the relatives and descendants in this town came back, uncles and uncles, cousins, cousins ​​and sisters-in-law lived together, it was absolutely impossible not to have conflicts.

In short, anything as big as housing money or as small as a piece of onion and garlic can cause a fierce quarrel.

Qin Laoshuan, the village chief, has been doing nothing every day recently, so he went back and forth to every household to make a judgment.

But it's hard for such an honest official to cut off housework. In the end, Qin Laoshuan is a pig. Look in the mirror and look in the mirror. It's not a person...

Now in the village, the cleaners are people like Pei Shaorong who moved from outside. It's just that Ding Shao has no relatives in the family.

But Pei Shaorong felt that he and Mo Xiaobao were the only two in his family. Although there were no restrictions and they were clean enough, they were too clean, and the house was so big that it was not popular.

Thinking about it, Pei Shaorong went to the next town to buy a big wolf dog and came back. First, the house would be more lively when a dog barked, and secondly, there was a fierce dog watching the house.

In February of the new year, the imperial court finally sent someone down to suppress the chaos. If they don't suppress it, I'm afraid there will be chaos in Yueyang before anything happens.

In fact, Yueyang's side is already good. Now the entire northwest direction of Dali country has become a disaster area. The severe drought, floods, and the overturning of the earth dragon have made the court a headache.

Now all the people in the town have flocked to the surrounding village chief to settle down, there is land in the village, everyone is at ease, and the mountain stream refugees mentioned by Zheng San and others have also come.

In fact, refugees are not considered to be refugees. Most of these people fled with a lot of food and property, and they all fled when they first received news of the disaster.

These can only be regarded as migrants. The real refugees are those who escaped from the mountain and creek disaster areas. Many of them died on the road.

As soon as they arrived in Yueyang Town, some of these people directly found an empty house in the town to live in to see the situation in Yueyang, and some continued to move forward.

Those refugees who really escaped from the mountain and creek disaster area are completely unable to walk. After a long journey, they need to rest and can only stay here.

At present, the situation in Yueyang is very good. At least some wild fruits can be found in the wild on the mountain. If you are lucky, you can even catch small prey. Even if you can't beg for food from the local people, they will not starve to death now.