CHAPTER NINE

Atlas, Miko was fully healed from the last accident.

She was still a little bit upset at Ei for creating that scene that will play in her mind for a long time from now and decided to ghost her.

Never mind that,

Miko now had many duties to catch up on, the first on her list was running some errands.

Of course, she had way more important things to do but Miko was running short of food, which was most important to her eyes.

As she put on her last earring she checked herself in the mirror, her usual shrine maiden outfit looking flawless as always.

Miko brushed off any bad feelings she had and walked out of her shrine,

"Oh, Gujji Yae?" a shrine maiden peeped, watching her leave the shrine.

"Hm? Yes? What is it?" Miko spun around and faced the lady, "Uhm— where are you headed to?" she stepped a little closer.

"Hmm, nothing you have to deal out, now be on with your duties." Miko shooed her with a wave of a hand.

-

Miko eventually made it to the town of Inazuma and walked to the market, a few eyes stared and a few children pointed, of course, Miko was used to it by now, nothing new.

After a few minute of shopping she found she had enough, atleast for a little while, she wasn't as high on mora as she used to be, she reached for the pockets on her shorts and her heart dropped. She had forgotten her wallet.

Great, not like the walk is long enough from the shrine, what was she going to do?

"Miss?", the man spoke.

"Aha, uh- well you see.. I, had gotten- my uhh.." Miko started feeling around her for her wallet in hopes to find it.

Suddenly a hand was found on her shoulder,

"I'll cover it.", the woman spoke,

Miko was too startled to turn her head so she just side-eyed the girl instead.

Oh, thank goodness, it's just Ei.

Wait a minute—

EI?

Miko jumped and quickly looked away, "Ohh, aha, thank youu— Shogun??"

smooth.

The man nodded, "Good, at least someone pays for it."

Miko cringed at that statement, how could she forget? ughhh

Ei passed over a generous amount of mora in a bag, Mikos ears raised in curiosity, how could she have so much?

"We will be on our way now," Ei spoke and walked aways with Miko.

"Ei— I mean, archon."

Ei glanced over and her gaze softened, "Miko, drop it." Ei shrugged.

Miko jumped a little from hearing the name she was longing to hear from Ei for a while.

"O-oh! Aha, alright." Miko laughed uncomfortably.

Ei stopped, "Miko.. Why are you still uncomfortable with me, I've done what you wanted, aren't you happy?"

"Oh Ei. I don't know what to say.. How could you transition or— change your mind so fast?" Miko stood in front of Ei.

Ei looked down at her feet and shuffled them around. "I'm sorry, Miko." she looked back up.

Mikos eyes widened, "You're... sorry?"

"Yes."

"Ei, listen— I— you're great, you're one of my best friends,"—

Ei's heart felt heavy and her legs were wobbly, this felt so wrong.

"But you've put me through hell twice, and all you have to say is 'sorry?',"

"No, Miko— You don't understand"— Ei reached out a hand.

"Ei. I don't think you understand. And on top of that, you ignored me for weeks straight after beating me up."

"Miko"—-

"Ei, please. Don't say anything, I don't want to argue. I'm just saying, giving me free groceries and apologizing isn't going to do it just yet."

Ei put her arm back down. "just yet?"

Miko smiled sympathetically, "It's a start."

"Oh. I see, a start." Ei looked down.

Miko stepped closer to Ei and wrapped her arms around Ei. Ei sniffled, didn't hug her back, she felt too bad. After a few short minutes Miko and Ei parted ways and went home.

-

To be honest, Miko wanted to forgive her, want to hold her. But she knew, what Ei put her though, was not okay.

(btw if someone hurt you pls have some human decency for yourself, you dont have to forgive them, not every apology had to be forgiven ^^)