the beginning

Emotions flooded into the mind of Danielle waters, she was different than most kids her age you see. She was intelligent, by age six she would fantasize about going to school. Her parents, coming from a poor family, couldn't afford to send their daughter to school. They of course wanted to, but they just didn't have the cash. This was up until one fateful day when Danielle age ten had decided to cut her thick curly hair, resulting in her looking like a boy. Unbeknownst to her parents, she felt like a boy, and "pretended" to be one at playgrounds.

Danielle looked pretty masculine for a girl at the age of ten, she had a pretty flat chest and curly brown hair, she was pale, thin and tall, she was not physically strong but she made up for that with her brain strengths

*Danielle/daniel pov:*

I had went off to the park again, each time I went out I was worried mother would realize I was wearing two bralettes and an extra shirt under what I was wearing. Doing that made me almost completely look like a boy. What made me sad however is that unlike most boys, I don't have a deep voice, and when I get older I wont be able to be called a boy anymore. People will realize I'm like a girl. While deep in my emotions I accidentally bumped into someone. I lock eyes with them as they look up at me, I observe her attractive brown eyes. My eyes observe every part of her, the way her blue dress looked on her, the way her  curly hair was styled into puff buns that fit her, the way her lips curved. Some part of me liked the way she looked. she was... Pretty; No far beyond pretty, she was a beaut! I was so distracted by her I didn't realize there was another girl next to her

"Sorry miss!" I say to the pretty girl, whom was probably a year younger than me. Her brown eyes land on me and she smiled, the girl next to her however, did not.

"Anna! Don't smile at the commoner!" The little girl, who was about the same age as the girl whom she called anna. This girl had a tan skin color. Her hair was wavy and put into a half up half down bun style. This girl was wearing a purple dress, which was a pretty expensive color, which meant they came from a wealthy family. This girl had pretty green eyes that pierced into me; it felt scary to say the least when her eyes followed mine.

"Emma don't be mean.!" Anna retorted to her friend as I helped her up off the ground. Emma rolled her green orbs which only seemed to be focused on me. Emma's stare was so harsh it drowned out all the sounds around me. It made me feel as though I was the only one at the playground; or maybe that was just my imagination. Anna smiled at me, breaking me from my thoughts. Im glad she did that, if she hadn't I would still be thinking about Emma's green eyes, only on me.

I smiled back at anna, and did a little bow to both of the girls. "Im really sorry for bumping into you miss...?" I paused, not wanting to say her name without her actually telling me it, that'd be creepy. Right? "Anna" the girl giggled and I tried my best to make a boyish sounding laugh.

I decided to give the girls my address and tell them if they wanted to be pen pals we could hang out at the park some more. Anna agreed and so did Emma, even though Emma didn't act like she like me a few things I said set her off.

"Emma? Cute name" that one made Emma go bright red like the sauce you put on pasta. me complimenting Emma's purple dress made her giggle.

Watching the sunset was normally the happiest part of my day, but I hated it this time, it meant I had to go home and leave Anna and Emma behind and see them another day. Obviously its not that big of a deal, but I hated the fact I had to leave my friends even for a second. Or maybe that's just me having attachment issues, or so father tells me. That made me wonder if father would be home, just the mention of him being home felt weird, he was never home. I doubt hed be home this once time.

I wish fair well to my two friends, Emma was the most saddened person out of all of us. She even tried begging me to stay. But alas all three of us split way. I was happy to go home, without a doubt; but was sad to have been leaving my new friends. I'd see them another day, I thought to myself. I knew that was most likely a fabrication I told myself to hide the way I felt, because I didn't even know if they came to this park often. I knew absolutely nothing about anna and emma. Nothing besides the purple dress that emma was wearing indicated her family had money, and not just measly walking around cash, they were wealthy. Purple wasn't a cheap color, it was mighty expensive.

This was the beginning of my story.. It got even more complicated as I grew older, I guess I can thank that to the two girls I met at a park one day; one in blue, one in purple.

(940 words!)))