"normal"

TW: PERIODS, PUBERTY, BODY DYSPHORIA

Being 'normal' came with a load of problems growing up, such as never being able to express yourself because you're supposed to feel and think things to fit those around you. Being 'normal' meant having to push down all of your crushes because if you're parents found out about how many crushes you had they'd be furious. Being 'normal' meant 'normal' things happened to your body.

And by this, I mean the day I saw a drop of blood in the toilet. when coming to my mother about this, she wasn't concerned even though I thought I was dying. My mother even laughed at me while I was crying. She told me that it was 'normal'.

The next Christmas she got me a training bra, and told me that I shouldn't be embarrassed about getting them because having breasts is 'normal' for a girl.

But it's weird, isn't it? I don't act like a girl. I don't think like a girl. I don't call myself a girl. I don't dress like a girl. I don't talk like a girl. I don't even pretend to be a girl.

I don't think I am a girl; if I were id be a girl who loved wearing blue dresses instead of a vest and some dress pants. If I were a girl id love to keep my hair long instead of making it short enough I can pin it back to look like a boy. If I were I girl id have proper etiquette and not act boyish all the time.

Normal; such a restricting word, I find it dull and boring, if normal was a color it would be grey, not a bold color. If normal was a flavor it'd be vanilla, even though vanilla is far better than the word normal. Normal, one of the worst words in the dictionary I own. It's fifty pages, I tried writing down every word, but it hurt my hands, so I only got to the N'S before I quit. Sadly I had wrote down the word; normal.