Friend Date: Chapter 11

The guys suggested a double date, but the ladies vetoed the idea. Whenever Danny and Steve get together, it's always a competition. If not, it's the bickering about everything under the sun. Where to go, what to do, who's going to drive, and where to go for dinner. The ladies suggested they switch up the couples and have a friend date. Steve was cool with the idea, but Danny questioned the girls reasoning behind it.

Catherine dressed in a comfortable floral smocked skirt that laid just above her knee accompanied by a solid-colored square neck tank. She slipped on a pair of sandals and headed downstairs into the kitchen. There she found Steve having his morning coffee as usual. He took one look at her and "Is THAT what you are wearing today?"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Catherine took a sip of cold water.

"Absolutely nothing is wrong, but you are wearing this to go out with Danny?". Steve commented.

As he sipped his coffee his eyes were fixated on her legs. She looked amazing in that outfit, and he thought of how his fingers would glide up her leg and under that skirt.

"Steve!" Catherine loudly called him.

"Hmm, what?" He replied clearing his throat.

"Where did you go?" she smiled.

"That skirt put me in a trance", Steve said raising an eyebrow and smiling back.

Catherine walked over to him, and he put his coffee mug on the counter.

"Well commander, if you play your cards right, you may get to do whatever you were just thinking about".

"Mmmm" Steve mumbled and pulled her into a hug which led to a kiss. His hand roamed and landed on her butt. She swatted his hand away and he giggled into her lips.

"You are insatiable", Catherine stated.

"Me?!" Steve pointed at himself.

"Yes, you. Finish your coffee so we can head out, lover boy". Steve chuckled at her remark. As soon as she stepped back, he grabbed his mug and chugged the last sip before placing the mug in the sink.

"So, where are you taking Kim today?" Catherine asked.

"I was thinking of taking her on a boat ride, maybe snorkeling too". Steve said impressed with himself for thinking of such a fun thing to share with his friend.

"I thought you knew that Kim doesn't know how to swim".

"What? No, I didn't know that". He quickly rubbed his cheek with the palm of his hand.

Steve bit his lip in thought. He now had to figure out how to make the boat ride a lot more interesting than just riding around.

We pulled up to Danny's house and were met by an enthusiastic Kimberly who was nearly jumping up and down as Grace would. We got out of the truck and went inside to find Danny putting some things away.

"So, what do you have planned for my girl today?" Steve asked Danny flat out.

Danny turned to look at us. "Good morning to you too".

"Excuse me. Good morning, Sir Daniel, how are you doing this fine day?" Steve snapped back.

"That's better." Danny laughed as he put the tote on the floor.

"You didn't tell me where you are taking Kim". Danny began.

"As long as you don't jump out of any planes, scale buildings, or...."

"I wouldn't do that. I save those things for you". Steve said laughing.

"You're a dick". Danny rolled his eyes and huffed.