8: Feeling Sexual

ERIC

I ripped off a receipt from the credit card printer for a customer to sign and put it up on the counter for him. The front door of the shop opened and Sookie stepped in. I hadn't seen her since she left my house Tuesday morning. She had a pretty smile on her face and I wondered if she had the same urge I did to pounce on her.

"All right, you're all set," I said when the customer finished signing the receipt. I gave him a copy of the invoice for his repairs and saw Sookie go to the time clock located in the oil change bay.

The customer turned and left. Moments later my lube tech, Felipe, came bursting through the door from the shop. He was soaking wet and pissed off.

"I'm going to fucking kill Andre," he told me. Andre followed, laughing his fool ass off.

Uh oh.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

Before Felipe could answer me, Andre answered, "He was taking a shit and I ran the hose through the hole in the wall back there and let 'er rip."

Oh.

I laughed. Hard.

"Fuck you guys!" Felipe stormed out, making us laugh harder.

"He probably needed the shower," Sookie snorted when she walked back in.

"Oh come on, you know he's used to taking loads in the face," Andre reasoned.

"Uh huh." Sookie didn't get too involved with the shit talking unless it was directed at her.

"Nah, he's seeing some lady with two kids," I told Andre. "He likes cougars."

"Oh Jesus. The world does not need more of him running around." Andre shook his head as Des walked in.

"Why does Felipe need a towel?" he asked.

"I hosed him down," Andre shrugged.

"Cougar in the house?" Des asked seriously.

Sookie snorted again and went into the office.

"I gotta show you something on that Impala," Andre told Des. The two of them went out to the shop. Ras was out there too, watching his uncle work on his Jeep. Mustafa was the old shop manager. Des fired him when he caught Mustafa, on camera, fucking one of the former dispatchers. It was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I also noticed my fists clenched at the idea of Mustafa trying to seduce Sookie. I'd fuck him up.

I wanted to go talk to her but I stayed put. It was closing time so I needed to close out the batch. I could hear Sookie singing along quietly with a Chris Young song in the office behind me. I gathered up the receipts and the cash count sheet to put them away in the back, and I found Sookie dancing while she copied and pasted information into a call on the navigation.

"Hey," she smiled at me.

"Hi." I opened the top drawer of the file cabinet. "How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"Good. Happy I'm out of here," I said honestly. It had been a long day.

"Got any plans?" she asked.

"ESPN, pizza and maybe a lengthy shower," I smirked, making her blush a little.

"I started my day with a long bath," she told me.

"No visit from Roger?"

"Not this morning," she answered. "That doesn't mean there wasn't a little manual operation going on though."