Chapter 1 ; Won ⊗

(This uses they/them pronouns)

A giggle escaped the small H/c child's mouth as their eyes widened. Recently, they just got news that they would be adopted by two lovely parents. It was a miracle to the child, as they had been wishing for this day for a long time. They were never able to meet their birth mother or father. Their mother had become very sick after they were born, and their father had divorced their mother a few months before. Granted, she was only six years old, but she understood the importants of this day.

They ran their hand along the groves of the ivory colored wall as they made their way to the front room, while holding a small stuffed animal. As they enter the room, they spot two men. One had light blue hair and glasses, with very little muscle mass. He was holding a small, clear clipboard with paper on it, and writing information down. The other man was very lean, had black hair, and both men had small rainbow flags tattooed on their wrists. To the child, they looked like the coolest people. 
Immediately, they turned their heads to the child and smiled. "Hello there, what is your name?" The black haired man asked softly. The child looked at him with stars in their eyes. "Y/n.." They whispered. The blue haired man smiled and continued to fill out paperwork. "Hello Y/n, my name is Nick, but you can call me dad." The child smiled until their cheeks hurt and sprinted over to the black haired man, hugging him. Soon they loosened their grip and looked at the blue haired man, tilting their head. "What should I call you?" They - "My name is Ezra, but you can call me Mama." He smiled sweetly at the child. They crawled over to him and hugged him, dragging their dad along. 

After all the paperwork was filled out, the joyful parents guided their new child to a car. The child's belongings were packed when they were filling out paperwork. Strapping the child in, they started the car and headed for home. The small child happily bounced around in the seat, excited that she finally had a family. Looking out the window, the child stared at the forest in awe. They immediately took a liking to it, it was beautiful.

End of Flashback

The young teen looked around the doctors' office. It was relatively clean and the smell of hand sanitizer and Clorox burned their nose. Next to them, sat their mama. Their mama had been training with their dad once a week, so he had some built up muscle. They made a mental note to ask their dad to help train their self-defense techniques.

They snapped their head to the door opening, while a woman entered the room. "Hello, I am Doctor Renne! I am here to do your checkup. Do you have preferred pronouns that you would like to use?" The kind doctor asked the teen. They nodded their head in acknowledgment and laid their back against the wall. "I use They/Them, thank you." The doctor nodded and started typing something. They turned their head to see their mother reading a book. He always loved books, often saying they helped him with his job, being an artist. Turning their attention back to the doctor, they sat up and waited expectantly.

In the next few minutes, the doctor took their blood pressure, temperature, checked their ears, nose, and mouth, and sent them off to take a drug test. The young teen was currently in the bathroom screwing on the lid to the bottle. They washed their hands with freezing water, and dried them. Opening the door, they made their way back to the room and handed the bottle to the doctor. "You're all good to go! All you need to do is sign out." The teen's mother nodded and closed his book. Standing up, they both made their way to the front desk.

They soon were signed out and left the Doctors' Office. Getting in the car, the teen put in earbuds and relaxed. Their mother started up the car and started driving carefully. He gripped the wheel lightly, turning into the McDonald's parking lot. "Want anything?" As he locked eyes with his child, they nodded and opened the car door. They both got out and went inside the fast food restaurant, and were met with a mouth watering smell.