Chapter 2 ; ⨂ Long Ass Trip to a Fancy Bitch

It had been a total of three weeks since my parents chose the house they wanted to move into. We had started packing just yesterday, and we are almost done. Thankfully, we didn't need any moving trucks, since we could fit everything in my mother's truck. Living in an apartment meant that we had very limited space and couldn't store as much stuff, so we only bought essentials and the occasional item that we wanted.

I filled one of my backpacks with clothing, masks, and my essential items. The other backpack was for my weapons, snacks, herbs and gemstones, and some of my other magic items. I struggled to zip up my essential bag, so I shoved my hand down in the bag, making it easier to zip up the bag. I shuffled over to my other bag, and closed it easily. Skimming through my soon-to-be-past-room, I deemed that everything was packed.

I stood up and stretched my back, causing a satisfying pop to echo around the room. "I'm finished!" I called out to the living room, and grabbed both of my bags. I headed over to the couch and sat down, waiting for my dad to finish bringing all the bags over to the door. Yawning, I take out my phone and earbuds and click on Spotify. I smirk as I see my dad come in with five bags. 'That should make eight bags in total, not including my bags, which will be put in the back seat.'

"Are you ready?" My dad asked me while getting ready to go put everything in the truck.

"Yea, I got everything packed, I was just waiting for you."

We all put our shoes on, grabbed our bags, and went to put them in the truck. My mother stayed behind and did a last minute check, making sure we got everything. After deeming that it was all packed, he came down to the truck and called the apartment building owner.

"Hi, yes, I would like to inform you that we have officially moved out. I have set the apartment keys on the kitchen counter. We put all the sheets and blankets that came with the apartment, in the laundry machine. Everything has been wiped down and sanitized. Thank you for allowing us a place to live, have a wonderful day."

My parents looked back at me and smiled. "You ready, N/n?" I nodded enthusiastically while my dad started up the truck. A satisfying roar vibrated throughout the truck. We buckled our seat belts, and set our destination to our new house.

A Few Hours Later

Currently, I was watching blurs of green, brown, and blue whiz by. I was in the middle of the song Hayloft from Mother Mother. I know that many people thought the song was too overused or overrated, but it was still pretty good. We turned the corner and stopped at a traffic light.

An eye for an eye

As we passed a store, and I witnessed someone fighting another person. One had a bruised eye with a bloody nose. The crimson liquid dripped down their chin, while they used their hand to attempt to stop the bleeding. Their other hand was raised in a fighting position. Their knuckles started to turn white, blood smeared on their fingers.

A leg for a leg

The other person had bruises all over their face, their neck was red and purple, and crimson liquid dripped slowly down their head. They went in for a punch, landing it successfully on their rib cage, causing the other person to cough violently. We zoomed past them just before one of them pulled out a gun.

A shot in the heart doesn't make it unbreak.

They aimed the gun at the person and shot them just before they were able to get out of the way. Thankfully, the remaining person passed out just before they could injure other people. 'Oh, thank god.' I relaxed a bit, knowing no one was endangered because of him, for now. They both looked pretty beat up and bloody, I just hoped they could make it to a hospital before injuring others or themselves. I ended up taking a picture for.. Personal reason.