AN <3

Ok so since this IS a very underrated musical with some underrated scientists and underrated people who worked very hard and sing very nicely, I will be kind of doing a quick run down of what happens but imma try not to spoil a lot. I mean if you know about Hooke it shouldn't be too much of a spoiler but it's whatever I guess.

Basically Robert Hooke is famous for the Hooke's Law (law of elasticity), he was the first to use the word cell (as in organism cells), and his studies of fossils. He was also famous for writing the Micrographia, which is essentially a book that has the things that he observed under the microscope but as drawings. I believe he also wrote about them but I have yet to see any pages of the Micrographia so I'm not too sure.

He was born on July 28 (today's July 18), 1635 in Freshwater (Isle of Wight), England, and he died on March 3, 1703 in London, England. Hooke was mainly home schooled, because his health was really all over the place. His father soon died, leaving Hooke with a heap of money. So what did Hooke do with the money? He traveled to London to be taught at Westminster School. Now keep in mind that he is 13 at this time. While there he learned a plethora of things, such as Greek and Latin, and also mechanics and mathematics. At the age of 18, Hooke enrolled himself in the University of Oxford's Christ Church College (what a mouthful), and studied experimental science and became a chorister (a young person who is a member of the choir) He met people such as Christopher Wren, Robert Boyle, and Henry Oldenburg (I believe that's how you spell his name), who were popular scientists at the time.

As a child, Hooke was very sickly. Like my man couldn't get a break. But he was an amazing artist and he made mechanical toys and models. He was very interested in painting, and was very, very good at it. I mean his father even thought he could be a clock maker or an artist. W father in my opinion.

The thing I found most interesting about Hooke was just how busy he was. He was such a busy and successful man and I'm left to wonder how he even managed. He had friends, enemies, and he just lived through it. He is really inspirational to me, and I think that's why I've taken such a liking to him. Also he's really pretty. He's not really well known, and that hurts me because he's so smart and talented. I mean his life was kind of ruined because of Newton but he just did it. He pushed through it even during his bad health until his death.

A little more background on the Isaac Newton part, him and Newton scrapped because Hooke wrote something about how the planets revolve around the sun or whatnot, and Newton said he was inspired by his own work and Hooke was VERY upset. That led to years and years of conflict, even after Hooke's death. It's speculated that Newton burned Hooke's only portraits of himself to erase him of ever being a thing. Of course it didn't work because here we are.

Um... I hope you liked my little rant and a chapter will be up sometime this week maybe. I'd have to do a little more research about the interactions they've had so I can branch off, but not stray too far from the facts. You understand, right? Um anyways I'm gonna drop pictures of these beautiful men because y'all probably still have no idea who I'm talking about.