CHAPTER SIX | UNCLE SAM'S ANSWER

TW: SUBSTANCE USE AND ABUSE, VIOLENCE, GORE, INSECURITIES & SELF IMAGE

CHAPTER SIX
UNCLE SAM'S ANSWER

ONE THING ABOUT ELLIE SINCLAIR WAS THAT SHE WAS A CERTIFIED GOODY-TWO-SHOES. She'd always had her homework done two days in advance, she always followed directions and rules to a tee, and she never, ever did anything illegal. Unlike Robbie and Steve and the other popular kids her age, Ellie didn't smoke or drink or even look at alcohol underage. Ellie didn't even speed in school zones on Saturdays.

So needless to say, Ellie didn't know how to react when their situation became comical to her.

"Guys. I've never been on drugs before. Is this supposed to be this funny?" Ellie stifled a giggle, blowing her messy hair out of her face, turning her neck in an attempt to look at Steve or Robin.

"These idiots messed up the drug!" Steve slurred, turning into a fit of giggles, "Ellie! Robin! They messed up the drug! MORONS!"

Ellie tried her hardest to not laugh, because deep down she was scared for her life. But when she looked around the dark, cold room and it seemed brighter? All she could smell was ice cream and a little hint of blood, and she found it hilarious.

"Morons! Hey morons!" Steve continued to yell, and Ellie laughed harder at the boy's teasing.

"I think something might be wrong with us," Ellie laughed, choking on her tongue in the process. Her tongue was tingling and it tickled.

"There's definitely something wrong with us."
"Something's wrong!" The trio laughed, and Steve thought of his brother.

"Hey! I bet my idiot brother is so jealous right now," Steve slurred, breaking into another fit.

"Shut up, Harrington," Robin suggested before Steve made a bigger fool of himself.

Steve started to say something else, but the buzzing alarm and the door opening cut him off. The opening revealed the same Russian guards and a new man with a funny white outfit and big gloves. Ellie couldn't help but laugh, it wasn't even close to Halloween and this dude was dressed up!

"Who do you work for?"

"Scoops. Scoops Ahoy."

The trio cackled, throwing their heads back. Drugged Steve was hilarious, in Ellie's opinion.

"Well, I work for the Gap. But, I think it'd be fun to work for Scoops. They sling ice cream all day."

He asked more questions, and Ellie was too focused on the color her shoes to hear what was being said. One was more purple than the other, she swore. There was a particular ringing in her ears that was getting really annoying. While she redirected her gaze, the guard mumbled something they couldn't understand, and Robin let out a small yelp, watching as the so-called doctor reached for a giant silver tool.