One

One week later~

I'm walking into school now and everyone is staring at me. I'm scared, but mom said I shouldn't be and my aunt said I better not let anyone bring me down. I feel like there might be something on my face, why're they staring so intentively. I ran my hand across my face then looked at it. Nothing, there was nothing on my hand. I kept walking and eventually reached my stop, first period. First period is going to suck because it was math, and I am horrible at math. I went in the class and took a seat at the first desk I saw and just waited for everyone to appear. Minutes later class begun and it went by fast considering we didn't do barely anything, since it was the first day. That's how all of the classes went, even lunch. It was finally time to go home and I was pretty excited because my mom put up a tire swing this afternoon, well- she said she was going to, anyway. I'm excited, I loved the tire swing back in the old place, but mom said we had to leave it.

I made my way home and it was actually kind of nice out with a slight breeze, nothing major. I heard people coming up from behind me, I glanced back, and it was a few of the guys with an exception of one girl. I turned back and started to speed up, not liking how I was feeling at that moment. As you can expect they called out to me. "Hey, new kid. You knew in town?" I turned around almost instantly and I felt my cheeks redden, "Yes, I am." I said quickly. I think they sensed I didn't want a conversation because the boy grew a bit irritated. I was starting to worry not knowing what he would do. "People have probably been looking strange at you all day, isn't that right.?" Another one called out to me. I didn't know how to respond so I just shrugged and kept walking. I felt someone grab my shoulder violently and jerk me back, causing me to lose my balance. I regained it in seconds and I look at him. He raised his voice attempting to say, "Answer me, when I am talking to you." I looked down because I knew he wasn't happy with me. "Sorry" Is all I forced to come out of my mouth. I was scared, and right then I knew I wish I never moved here.

The boys laughed and the girl just looked away, seeming to be embarrassed. I was quite embarrassed myself and so I started to walk a little faster and eventually it turn into my getting push on the ground. I knew what my mom called this, bullying. Back at the old place no one bullied me so I didn't know what to do at this point. I felt as if God has noticed me struggling because just when I least expected it, a car drove up besides us. It was the coach. He said to the boys to stop messing with me and they looked scared and next thing I knew they ran off. The coach then yelled out to me from his car and told me to keep safe and not to let them mess with my anymore, along the line of 'I'm here if you need me son' and then he drove off.

I started to smile and then I finally reached my house which sat on the corner of a block that didn't hold many houses. I ran to the front door and slung it open hoping to see my mom waiting for me to see how my first day was, even though it wasn't all that great. Instead, I come home to a note that read, "Charlie, me and aunt beth went out to get groceries, we'll be home shortly most likely around four. I love you, and I cant wait to hear about your day, love mom"  I wasn't really mad that she left, I was more upset because I hated to be alone. I adventured off to the backyard and then I remembered, she put up the swing. My whole facial expression had changed and I found myself running towards it. I jumped on and swang for a few minutes and then I realized how beautiful my backyard was and the view of the tree out back. I sat on the swing and just looked around.

I heard the car pull up in the drive an hour or so later. Realizing I was on the swing the whole time, I jumped off and ran to the front of the house. Saddened to see, it wasn't my mom who has pulled up. It was just a car that needed to turn around and didn't want to get in trouble with the law by doing a U turn. I sighed and then decided to go into the house and refill on some television. Nothing good was on, I noticed, while flipping through some channels. I sighed and slumped back into the couch not wanting to be in this place anymore. I missed my friends and I wanted to go back. People weren't nice here, and there wasn't even anything to do. After a billion thoughts raced my mind, I found myself getting tired so I made my way up to my room. I checked my alarm clock and the time was 7:00, I wondered what was taking my mom and aunt so long. I figured they met some friends, and couldn't get out of the conversation, they were like that- talkative, I mean. I crawled into my bed and shut my eyes. Next thing I knew the alarm clock went off several hours later and it was time for school once again, but something was strange. My mom and aunt still did not show up, then and there- I knew something was terribly wrong.