page 39

I was packing my bag up in my room. I felt chilly and my clothes were still kinda wet.  Leo stood under the door frame and stared at me. "Come here leo" I say softly. He walks to me and just looks into my eyes. "We have to go but this time we'll make it. get your bag ready, okau kiddo."  He waddles into his room. I continue packing when I hear the closet door creek open. The floor boards make squeaky sounds as heavy foot steps edge closer. a big shadow towers over me.

I shoot my head to stare at him. His face still covered with his make shift mask "What do you want" I say coldly.

He steps forward and I step back. Slightly intimidated by his size but I try my best to keep my poker face. "Don't go" he says. His voice is soft and husky. He's hiding behind a facade. He's scared and angry I can tell because his eyes are pleading at me in desperation

I grab my bag and walk by him. He doesn't try anything. "C'mon Leo. We have to go"
Leo fallows behind me, holding my shirt.

We got outside and into my car. I open the back for Leo and buckle him in, Brahms watches me. I open the passenger side and enter. I grip the steering wheel and roll down the window. I stare at him. "I won't permanently be leaving but if you don't sort yourself out I won't have the ability to continue to live here. If you even have the guts to come outside into the real world and see me I'll be staying at this inn." I hand him a card. I drive off. Soon I pass the gates and I see Brahms leaning his face twords them, reaching his hands through the gaps and screaming something incoherent.

I felt guilt creep up behind me and engulf all the anger.

We arrive at the inn "golden skate inn?" Leo says. "Yup that's where we'll be staying at for now until things change" we

{♡}

I lock the door behind me and grab my clothes out of the bag to change into the bathroom.
After I'm done I step out and flop onto my bed, Leo already sleeping in his.

I stare up at the popcorn ceiling  that was being lit by the tall lamp oozing yellow light from the top of its shade

The small fridge in the corner hums and the heater makes small thumping sounds.  My eyes start to sting again and the burning sensation in my throat comes back. My tears slowly fall out of my eyes as I turn around to turn off the lamp.

There I sit in the darkness, my eyes struggle to focus in the world around me. I shut my eyes and try to escape the crule reality.