Chapter 1: Spear

Later in the morning...

"Miss Gentiane, miss Gentiane!"

Kyle lightly pat the new commander's leg to wake her up, she has a short white and pink hair with white dress shirt and a short skirt. She has a face of genius inside of her and Kyle himself even noticed it but somehow he feels like she's the lazy type.

Gentiane who has been awaken by Kyle slowly open her eyes and look outside through the window.

"So this is the base huh?"

"Yup, we have arrived."

"Yep, I'll bring your case."

"Appreciate it."

They both leave the car, Kyle grab her suitcase while she stare at the base for a few second.

"I wonder what kind of dolls I'll meet?"

"Mostly weird one but I'm sure you will get along with them."

"I hope so."

"Come on, this way."

Kyle lead the tour to the base by explaining every room they walk into until they have arrived at her room.

Kyle is putting her suitcase on the desk while Gentiane clearly very tired from the trip as she immediately dive into the bed.

"Ahh finally, I'm so tired... When is my next mission?"

"3 hours from now on."

"3 hours? I just got here."

"Welcome to Griffin and Kryuger, I advice you to take a little nap, our logistic officer will wake you up."

"Alright then."

"Well then I'll take my leave, sweet dreams miss Gentiane." he say in a gentlemen tone then take his leave by closing the door gently.

"Huh, he seems like a nice guy, hope nothing happens to him."

...

Meanwhile at a Griffin cafe, the cafe filled with dolls that are enjoying themselves, some of them are chatting, drinking or simply reading. Some of then are even playing a game at the corner of the cafe.

Virtus took his first step at the cafe and immediately feel it's charm. It was lively, calming yet not too quiet, it was like a karaoke club, but with coffee and dessert instead.

However his presence attract some of the doll in the cafe, he can't help but notice their stare but he ignore them and goes for the barista for a coffee instead.

"Ah, welcome, you must be new here, how can I help you?" the barista say in a soft and comforting tone.

The barista had a brownish orange hair with green eyes, her face is beautiful and mature like a flower blooming beneath the sun, she emitting elegant and gentle aura but Virtus somehow feel she's emitting the mom aura more than the others.

The ponytail combined with black and white barista outfit makes him feel like he's in a safest place in the world.

"I would like a black tea please."

"Sure."

Wasting no more time she immediately move to the back of the table then brew a tea for him, it was not that long since the water is already heated so all she need to do is put the tea in the glass and serve it.

"Here you go sir."

"Thank you very much."

He take the tea then move to one of the empty table near him and sit alone, he look around a little bit then drink the tea, it was warm, perfect, and not too sweet, it was perfect. Now he knows why so many dolls prefer to be here.

He took another sip again which fills his body with happiness that he hasn't get for quite some time.

"There you are."

He hears a tomboyish voice from his back, he look back and saw his previous team member from earlier that has mafia style outfit on her.

"Enjoying the cafe?"

"Ah not so bad, quite loud but I still can relax here."

"Well you'll get used to it."

"So what do you need?"

"We got a new commander, in case you didn't notice, this base didn't had any commander yet, the one who lead our previous mission is the intelligence team."

"I see... Your point?"

"Assemble a new team, we can't make the same mistake like before, it almost cost us our lives."

"Alright then, what do you suggest?"

"Take a good look at this file."

Thompson put the file to the table and let him saw each profile in the file, there are 8 files in total meaning he will only need 3.

"K, I already got you so I would only need three and let's see..."

He noticed that some of the dolls only armed with a handgun which raise confusion for him.

"Why some Griffin dolls only armed with pistols?"

"Because they're not meant for direct combat, most of them work as support or spotter. Yes some of them can be used as combat unit but without proper training and gear, they're kinda unreliable."

"I see, I guess I need a spotter then."

"Take a good look."

"P7."

"That cat one?"

"Didn't know why you all dressed like it's Halloween party but I guess I can't really do anything here."

He browse the file again until he found a doll that managed to piqued his interest.

"Mosin-Nagant."

"Not a bad choice."

"And lastly... K11, we could really use a demolition unit here."

"Great, do you want to change any?"

"No thanks, submit this Kyle now or... Maybe the commander."

"Ok then boss."

The mafia girl stand up and take her file then leave him as soon as she pick up the files. Virtus take another sip of tea and sighed as he look up at the ceiling, hoping that his new team will work as he intended.

To Be Continued...