Chapter 7

This is half of chapter 6 told from Carter's POV :)

C
A
R
T
E
R

My head was throbbing

Carter hurt everywhere. The last thing he remembered was hearing someone talking and then being hit on the head.

I opened my eyes painstakingly. I was in a familiar place, but my vision was too blurry to determine where. My hands were chained to something, and I noticed that I was bleeding through my shirt.

"Look who decided to join the land of the living!" A voice said.

I raised my head and saw a blurry face looking at me. I wanted to say something but my voice faltered.

"Oh yeah, I wouldn't try to do anything," laughed the voice, "You are not in good shape!"

The person walked over to me and injected something into me. My vision cleared and my pain escalated by 1000%.

I tried not to scream from pain. I looked back up and realized the person was none other than Setne.

"Ugh" I groaned.  

"Yeah that probably hurt, but I wanted you to see my beautiful face." Setne explained.

"Thanks." I managed to say sarcastically.

Then something hit me: Zia and Sadie.

"Where are they!" I said hoarsely.

"Your girlfriend and sister are on their way here as we speak!" Setne exclaimed cheerfully.

"If you hurt them-" I said before Setne cut me off.

"-Need I remind you i'm not the one in chains and bleeding out," Setne said smugly, "You are in no place to make threats."

With that, Setne walked away into the next room leaving me alone. I have to get out of here.  I decided to take action and try to break out. 

I tried to move to a standing up position, "Agh." 

This was not working, I need something else.

My power was drained so that was out of the question. Sadie and Zia were on their way, but I didn't want to put them in danger. 

Setne walked giddily back into the room, "Your saviors are here time for the real fun to start!"

Setne waved his hand at me and mumbled something. 

My stomach exploded in pain and I passed out.

Over the next 10 minutes, I heard fighting, command words, and Zia talking to me. I wished I could tell her to not worry, but I was worrying myself.

I was not doing good and was losing a lot of blood. 

Then I felt like I was being pulled through a portal, and then nothing....