1

"Winnie, can we talk please?" Y/n asked her wife gently.

"No, I'm tired," Wilhelmina responded bluntly.

This was a common occurrence in the Venable household.

Every evening, Wilhelmina would come home late, eat and then go to bed, sometimes without saying a word to her wife. Y/n Venable was a lawyer and she loved her wife more than anything. Every afternoon, y/n came home early to run her wife a bath, cook dinner and clean the house. But Wilhelmina never cared. Ever.

"No, Wilhelmina please." This was the first time Wilhelmina had heard her wife use her actual name in years. Shocked, she sunk back down into her chair and waited expectedly.

"Winnie, I need some more help around the house."

"I work y/n." And she stood up to leave again, but her wife's shape tone then cut her off.

"Well so do I, Wilhelmina. I can't keep doing this. We're tiptoeing around the problem and we both know it."

"What problem?" Wilhelmina growled.

"That I'm the only one putting anything into this marriage anymore," y/n whispered.

"Don't be ridiculous," she seethed.

"Winnie, if you're not willing to do this... I think we should divorce," y/n breathed out, tears pricking her loving eyes- eyes that had cried many tears over her wife, but still lit up at the thought of her.

"Where do I sign?" Wilhelmina laughed, clearly not thinking y/n was serious.

"I'll send the papers to your solicitor," she whispered and walked over to her wife, before kissing her lips ever so gently, the first kiss they'd shared in weeks, and leaving the house- her home- forever. Wilhelmina was her home and now there was no going back.