Deleted Scene - Camp Out

But trouble came for them in the form of the campout.

It started out like normal - they hiked to site with the campers, taking up the back of the pack to make sure no one got left behind. Y/N remembered her water bottle this time and Harry had filled it for her, but he still had to remind her to stop walking and take a drink every now and then. They were far enough back from the campers and the campout staff that they could have their own conversation without really bothering anybody. And their conversation was completely tame too - mostly talking about TV shows that they really missed watching but had almost no access to because they were at camp.

The campers didn't complain too much on the hike, and they participated in the team building activities when they got to the site. The biggest complainer before dinner actually wasn't a camper, but was Harry.

"'M so hungry," he whined.

Y/N looked around for a moment before standing on her toes to whisper in his ear. "Could just eat me."

After dinner they sang around the campfire as the sun started to go down and the staff made smores for all the kids (who weren't allowed that close to the fire, no matter how much they complained). Harry even brought out his guitar and led some songs as they snacked.

Most of the kids even went to bed without too much of a struggle. They were in gender separated tents on opposite ends of the campsite, and even though Y/N's campers had been giggling for weeks about how they would get to see the cute boys around bed time, none of them really seemed to try anything.

Y/N, Harry, Sarah, and Niall stayed up a little longer. Still sitting around the campfire, Harry finally felt it was safe enough to put his arm around Y/N. She melted into his side like she always did, resting her head on his shoulder. When she shivered (even though she was wearing a coat), he rubbed his hand up and down her arm to try and warm her up. The conversation was casual and easy, and Y/N was really genuinely enjoying herself.

There were two staff tents, and no official rules on who was supposed to sleep where. So it made sense that when Sarah and Niall wanted to go to bed early, they would set themselves up in the same tent. They took the one closest to the campers since they were mostly already sleeping.

And then it was just Y/N and Harry.

Sitting around the fire with him was nice. They looked up at the stars together and talked about the universe. Its size is infinite, there's billions of people in this world, and somehow they had found each other as children. The odds of that happening were so low, and yet that's exactly what happened. Y/N felt like the luckiest person on the planet.

"So glad you're in my universe," Harry whispered to her like a secret.

Y/N couldn't help but smile, a soft blush spreading across her face that luckily he couldn't see because of the campfire in front of them.

"Me too."

He kissed her then, gently and carefully, much like he had the very first time their lips touched. She sighed into it, bringing her hands up and around his body to feel his warmth close to her.

"We should get into the tent," Harry mumbled against her lips.

Y/N whined. "Not done with you yet, though."

"Never said I was done with you either. But can't do what I wanna do out here, now can I?"

Giggling, she followed his lead into the last tent, furthest from all the campers and other staff. It wasn't big, but big enough for two people and their small backpacks. The camp provided sleeping bags were already set up for them on the cold, hard ground.