𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬 ߊ  𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑇𝑅𝐴𝐼𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑃𝑅𝐼𝑁𝐶𝐸𝑆𝑆

"Bitch." "Loser."

➶ ➴↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐇. When the captain had come barging into her room to wake her, Mia had found her clenched fist connecting with his face.

If she had any energy, she would have felt more remorse for her lack of impulse. She thought that perhaps she would need to get it under control before anyone else got hurt when they attempted to wake her from this plague.

Instead of speaking her mind, she settled on glaring as she slammed her fork into her breakfast meats, munching angrily on the few bread rolls she had managed to grab before Celaena had eaten them all.

She ignored the insistent chatter her sister and the Captain began, growing annoyed with their cheerful conversation. It was too early to deal with them. To deal with anyone really. A bruise had already begun to form on Chaols face and she would have apologized if he hadn't rushed them through breakfast, pushing them out the door before she could even calm her mind or steady her rolling stomach.

Being ignored for the most part, she walked closely behind Celaena as they entered the training room. The young man from the day before that had given her a curious look at the meeting had now given her a soft grin before returning to his archery, firing arrows with deadly precision. She couldn't help the small smile on her face before turning to the rack of weapons that had already captured Celaena's attention. 

"You expect us to use a mace an hour after sunrise?" her sister cooed, hands racing across the hilt of a dagger.

"If you attempt anything foolish," Chaol said quietly, nodding to the six guards that appeared in the doorway, "they'll be here."

"And what could we possibly do?" Celaena drawled, "We're just jewel thieves after all."

Walking to the rack of weapons, she admired the sharp shine of a battle axe. It was reflective and she could see her sunken eyes through it. Perhaps it was just her imagination or perhaps she really did look as horrible as she felt. Inspecting what she believed to be a horrific self-reflection, she didn't notice it when Cain swaggered up to them.