Chapter 1: Sign of The Times

Song: Sign of The Times - Harry Styles

"Next subject is very strange.." The woman points the remote at the TV showing a picture of a girl "Kiera Regan. 18. Graduate. Has a lot of experience in using weapons of all sorts according from how many people shes been able to kill without the police knowing a thing. They just think the victims are missing. She's smart, she goes to different towns and cities at night so then she doesn't seem too suspicious. We don't know how many people she has killed but, she has probably killed around 100, maybe even more. She's a gorilla, lion, and bear combined just like her Father who is a retired hit man. Served 40 years before he died on one of his missions. He has served us well. No information on the mother but, we may get it from Mrs. Regan." The woman concluded.

"Who's the father?" One man asked sitting at the table.

"Harold Regan. He was our top hitman. What a shame that he died the way he did but, like I said, he served us well in defeating many enemies."

"How is Mrs. Regan like the animals you just said?" Another asked.

"Well, she is like a gorilla because she will take away what you need to survive. A bear because of how powerful she is and a lion because she is fearless." I answered.

"So, about Mrs. Kiera Regan, how is she able to survive in the middle of nowhere without a job to help her? And where is her house exactly?" A woman on the left end of the narrow table asked.

"To answer that Jenny, she kills for a living. She is a killing machine. That's how she makes her money I'm assuming but, we'll have to ask her that when we take her in for questioning. About your second question... We got her coordinates. We were able to track a phone call that was happening at her house." I showed an image of her house on the presentation. "I sent a crew out there two weeks ago to take pictures of her house and around the property. I think she'll be an easy capture.

The people at the table gave confused looks.

"Kiera is very intelligent and meets our requirements. She is very beautiful and can use it to her advantage. She has her fathers blood definitely, I can sense it. She will be our hitwoman, think of the opportunity." The people at the table were starting to get what she's talking about. Nodding their heads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Weeks Ago

I was walking through the woods. The sound of crunching of the twigs and dead leaves as I walk on them. I really shouldn't be out this far from my house but, I didn't care at the moment. I found a patch of leaves of different colors and shapes. Since it was fall, it was beautiful. I laid on the pile of leaves and closed my eyes.

"Please don't leave me, dad."

"I'll be back soon."

"No dad, you don't understand. Don't leave me with her. She scares me."

"Like I said Kiera, I'll be back soon." And the door shut. I dropped to the floor and broke down in tears.

After awhile, I got up and walked upstairs but, I would have to pass the living room. Where SHE was. I slowly walked down the hallway and got to the end to look around the corner and saw my stepmom watching a movie. I hesitated before I briefly walked by and walked up the stairs. I only got halfway up before I heard my name.

"Kiera!"

I froze.

"Kiera! Where are you going?"

I sighed heavily while rubbing my eyes. I tugged on my long brown straight hair before looking down the steps to see her looking at me, waiting impatiently for an answer.

"Um... Hey Sharon. I was just going upstairs to go to my room. My dad just left." I said twiddling my fingers nervously as I gave a fake smile.

"Yeah I know I heard you crying. I was going to tell you to chill out because he's going to come back. Jesus you have attachment issues. Someday he's not going to be in this world and then what are you gonna do? Live next to his grave like a depressed dog when their owner dies?"

I became boiled up with anger but, I knew that if I yelled at her it would make the situation worse.

"I'm sorry... What?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me little girl. When your dad is around, you hoard him like a lost puppy. You are fucking 11 Kiera, not 2 so start acting your age! I can't believe I have to say that." She shook her head at me in disappointment

I couldn't hold my anger in anymore.

"You know what Sharon? Shut the fuck up. You have no right to tell me to act my age when Hayden still pisses the bed at 8 years old! Oh and I may hoard my dad because I don't want him to fucking leave me like my real mother did! You don't understand how bad it hurts everytime he leaves me! He is my dad, best friend, and my other half and nothing can change that not even you! Just stay away from me."

I didn't even realize I was right infront of her. On the last step so i can look at her disgusting face. She didn't say anything. I was breathing heavily through my nose out of anger but, that soon turned into fear as she raised her hand and slap me.

I rose up into a sitting position. Putting a hand on my right cheek immediately while breathing heavily. I broke down crying.

"I wish you were here..." I wept as I put my knees to my chest hugging them while putting my head on my knees.

"Don't talk to me like that again you little shit!"

"Stop it..." I mumbled.

"Oh look at you... Crying like a little girl.."

"I said stop it." I said a little louder while covering my ears.

"Fucking pathetic!"

"STOP IT!!!! SHUT UP SHUT UP! Shut up..."
I yelled so loud it echoed throughout the forest.

I started punching the ground in anger until i heard branched snap. I snapped out of my episode and quickly got up and hid behind a tree. Wiping my tears and fixing my hair. I looked around but found nothing but trees, bushes, and other plants. I started to think it was an animal but, then I heard talking. Am I going insane again? I looked around the tree and saw people taking pictures. What the hell?