Chapter 2: I Did Something Bad

Song: I Did Something Bad - Taylor Swift

One Week Later...

I started to think I needed a boost on my medication from thinking those people I saw taking a picture of my house were all in my head. I think I've seen those people before actually... I walked to my dad's bedroom, the only room I haven't been in since he went missing. I hesitated when I grabbed the handle. Memories coming back to me..

"No, not now. Snap out of it." I mumbled to myself while lightly slapping myself.

I took a deep breath before I opened it to reveal the old white paint that was starting to chip off the wall and a grey bed that has a film of dust that is so easy to see due to the sun rays hitting the bed. Some old pictures were on a wooden dresser. I walked towards it and grabbed one of the pictures. It was a picture of me and my dad when I was 8 and happy...

"Hey dad, how about we wrestle! I definitely gonna win."

"Alright fine but, this is it."

I immediately put the picture back on the dusty dresser. I walked to the closet and opened it to reveal all of my fathers clothes still there. Same day as he left it. I looked at the shelf above his clothes and saw the box I was looking for. He called it the Forbidden Box. I need to know why he never let me near this thing and if I can get answers on why stalkers are at my house.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my God... Holy shit! He was a hitman." I said in disbelief as I looked at a picture of my father in a black suit and tie shaking a womens hand. She looks important.. Not to me though.

I looked through some more and found a letter. I picked it up and read it:

02/15/80

Harold Regan,

Congratulations! You have been accepted to Masked Figures. You are a perfect fit to our requirements and it will be an honour working with you. We hope to see you soon as we need to discuss your first mission. This may take a few days to complete your mission so please be prepared. I will remind you that what you will be doing will be dangerous and may cause death if you aren't careful and keep your training in mind. Please report to our main building as soon as you get this letter. Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

- The Masked Figures Corp.

Masked Figures? Who are they and what did they want with my father?

"Are these the people that were at my house? And what the he do they mean by death- oh yeah he's a hitman. Idiot." I mentally slapped myself.

"All those times..." I started having memories flood back to me. Bad ones. "All those times he left because 'he had to go on a work related trip'. Only to leave me to suffer with the devils daughter."

"Are you going on another work-related trip dad?"

"Y-yes I am. I um have to go I am going to be late for my plane. I love you sweetie. Be good."

I laughed to myself in disbelief.

"You motherfucker..." I whispered to myself. My alarm on my phone went off. I snapped out of my thoughts and took my phone out from the back pocket of my jeans. I dismissed my alarm and groaned. I had to take my pills. Specifically, my pills to keep me from going insane.

I walked out of my dad's bedroom, walking down the long hallway to my spacious kitchen. I went to the medicine cabinet and grabbed my bottle of pills and was about to close the cabinet door but, I looked in the medicine cabinet again, looking at my dad's multiple pill bottles that I haven't been able to throw away. I sighed closing the cabinet and walked over to the sink on the island in the middle of the kitchen. I grabbed the glass that was sitting next to the sink and filled it up, gulping my pills down.

"Job done. Now time to relax and let 'em kick in." I told myself. I walked to the living room and laid on the couch, grabbed the remote and turned the t.v. on.

"Please don't kill me!"

"Oh my god do you ever shut the fuck up!? If you keep running your big bitch mouth I'll end your life sooner." I yelled at my victim. He was at least 40. I don't even know his name but, I did know where he lived. I know my sources.

"Please... I have a family.. Kids! Please don't kill me!" He was on the verge of tears.

I sighed into my hand then laughed maniacally. "They just never listen." I said to myself. "Well in that case!" I grabbed a dagger from the table I was leaning on and pointed it at him, walking slowly towards him. "Fuck you! And your family! And your kids! And you're do- wait, I actually love your dog so nevermind on ol' Shelby. Anyways... I don't care if you are the president of the US or just a homeless man off the street. It ain't gonna change my mind. So convince me all you want on why I should let you live because I have plenty of time." I told him sarcastically. I grabbed a folding chair from the side and placed it right infront of him and sat. Playing with the dagger in my hand while staring at him. He had his face down so I couldn't see him.

I fake snored, "times up! My turn. So, reasons why you shouldn't live is because... Well.... You are a child molester. And you have kids! Kids! Of your own! What would your wife think of you if I told her that you do this to little kids?" He looked up at me.

"Well I'll tell ya. She wouldn't be so happy about that one. You fucked up." I looked in his eyes and saw how sorry he was.

"Yeah you should be sorry! You just ruined those kids lives. They'll never be the same and all because of you!" I screamed at his face. He flinched as I did so. Good. I want him to be scared.

I looked down in disappointment then looked at him again and smirked.

"You know what, I'll let you go... If you promise me that you won't assault another child?"

He looked at my desperately and nodded repeatedly. I tightened my grip on my dagger, "Yeah? You would like that?" I got up and started to cut the rope his hands were tied in. I only got halfway through the thick rope before I stabbed the man in the stomach. He screamed in pain as blood started oozing from the wound. He looked at me in shock.

"What? I said ill let you go. So here I am letting you go...to hell." He shook his head no because he knew what I was gonna do. He screamed in agony as I twisted the dagger and pulled it out.

"Say hello to hitler for me would ya?"

I forgot to mention in the first chapter but, here is what Kieras house looks like and the inside.

Kitchen:

Living Room:

Kiera's Room:

Harolds Room:

UPDATE:

Apparently I cant puplish this chapter so it may be because of the amount of photos in one chapter so I'm going to give two at a time. Since Kiera was in Harolds room ill put that down here:

Harolds room