Chapter 2

"EMERGENCY PACK MEETING," yelled Chase. I swear one day I'm going to kill him! I so don't do mornings. Suddenly I felt something move beside me. I was out of my bed faster than you could say werewolf. I looked back at my bed only to notice that it was Daniel. I don't even remember him coming to bed last night. He woke up, noticing that I wasn't there, and looked at me.

"Chase called for a pack meeting," I explained.

He nodded and got up to grab my robe. He handed it to me and as I put it on we heard a tiny cry. We both raced each other to Evermore's room. I of course beat him a walked to Ever's crib. I picked her up and started bouncing her.

"Mommies here don't worry, mommy loves you," I whispered. I looked over at Daniel. He smiled and pointed to his watch. I nodded and started carrying Ever to the pack living room. As soon as we sat down, the meeting started.

"We have to go train another pack," started Chase. I looked at him and wondered why that was; I mean we always helped other packs. Chase continued to say, "We have to go to the Moon Pack, I'm so sorry Ava."

I didn't know what to say so I played it all off, "Why are you sorry they are a weak pack and they need help and even though they don't deserve it, we still need to help them. The only thing that I want to be certain of is that they don't know my name. You can call me Jade or something."

"Why do you want a different name though," Asked Chase.

"Because, I don't want them to recognize me," I answered. My full name is Ava-Lynn Jade Towne. I thought might as well go with my middle name if I'm going to go be called by a different name.

I asked when we were leaving and Chase said tomorrow and that we needed to arrive at three. I nodded and asked Daniel to help me pack. He just stood up and followed me to our room. As soon as we were behind the closed doors, I literally burst into tears. All the while Daniel comforted me, saying that I should just let it out.

When I was ready I started telling him how I didn't want to go to the Moon Pack, how I didn't want them to know who I am because I'm still afraid, every night my dreams prove that too. I told him how I was afraid that my family still hated me because they all blamed me for my parent's death. And worst of all, I told him how I didn't want to have to worry about my ex-mate, Alpha Conrad. It terrifies me that I'm going back to that torture house. I know I could break all their bones in a heartbeat, but it still scares me.

"I guess you'll need a new shirt now," I said smiling sheepishly.

He just smiled and said that I should go get cleaned up. Once I finished fixing my makeup I walked into my room and saw Daniel getting out our suitcases. He leaned against the doorframe as soon as I started pulling out my clothes.

"Are you going to help me or just stand there or do you want to help me," I asked him.

He came over but still didn't help. I looked at him in question.

"Are you really ok with this whole moving to your old pack thing?" he asked.

"In all honesty no, but there are little kids and people that didn't know what happened to me and they don't deserve to get destroyed by rogues."

"Of course, leave it to you to think about everyone but yourself," he said smiling.

I just shrugged and finished packing all my stuff. I looked at the clock and it had been three hours of packing just my stuff. We decided that it would be smarter to pack his stuff first because Ever had about just as much stuff as me because she is spoiled rotten. She is such a daddy's girl.

We finally finished packing just in time for dinner. I went over and woke Ever up from her nap and carried her down to the dining room table. I fed her some noodles before actually eating my food. Once everyone was done eating Chase started telling us how things would go tomorrow. We were going to put all our stuff in the cars tonight so that we would be ready to leave at five tomorrow morning. Chase would lead in his car, Chris and Delilah in their car, Matt and Serena in his car, Daniel and Evermore in his car, me on my motorcycle, and Jace in back. We all nodded and Daniel went to carry all of our stuff out to his car. I put Ever to bed and I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. When Daniel came back I was just getting in bed so he pulled off his shirt and pants so he was left in his boxers and crawled under the covers with me.