Chapter 1

In Afghanistan, the N.E.S.T team was stationed with the Autobots, a species known as Cybertronians. Lieutenant Colonel William David Lennox was talking to his adopted son, Samuel Witwicky, and his biological daughter, Annabelle, on his computer, on Skype.

"How's school?" Will asked.

"Boring. We don't learn anything now that it's a week from summer vacation. And Trent won't leave me alone. He made Annabelle cry, blames me for Mikaela leaving him. Anyways, how's it going over there?" A young boy, Sam, asked.

"It's tiring, especially with Galloway, but hopefully we're coming home soon." Will responded. He took a quick look and saw Ironhide looking,dare he say it, homesick.

"It's 'Hide, isn't it?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. He hasn't slept a wink ever since we got here 4 months ago. When he stays up all night, he just cries to himself, he thinks he's alone. I've tried to talk to him, but he just says he's fine." Will sighed, looking at his wedding ring on his finger.

"Bring him over here. Me and Annie wanna talk to him too." Sam stated.

"Hey, 'Hide! Someone wants to talk to you! But you'll need your holoform!" Will hollered.

Ironhide sighed, activated his holoform, and walked over. He saw Sam and Annabelle, and he brightened up a little bit.

"Hey, Sam. Hi, Annie." Ironhide greeted.

"Hi, Daddy!" Annabelle smiled.

It warmed Ironhide's spark to hear Annabelle and Sam call him their father. Sam's parents threw him out, and Will immediately took in the young boy. When Ironhide found out, he nearly killed Sam's parents.

As Annabelle rambled on and on, Ironhide felt a stray tear escape his eye.

"Dad? You okay?" Sam asked. Ironhide quickly nodded.

"No...No I'm not okay." Ironhide responded.

Once Annabelle fell asleep, Ironhide told Sam everything.

"I have a bad feeling, Sam. I've had it since we got here. I feel like something bad's gonna happen to Will, I have nightmares whenever I try to sleep, I don't like it over here, I hate being away from you guys. I just... don't know what to do anymore. I don't want you, Annie, or Will worrying, and I don't want any of the others worrying either." Ironhide admitted.

With that said, he had tears escaping his eyes, and he just let them out. As he sobbed silently, he didn't notice Will watching him, feeling bad for his husband. Once night fell, Sam and Will hung up, put their computers on the chargers.

"Ironhide, it's okay. Nothing bad will happen." Will reassured as he snuggled into Ironhide's backseat.

"You don't know that, Will. We're on the middle of a war, anything could happen." Ironhide mumbled, tired as fuck, but refusing to sleep.

Will leaned up and started petting Ironhide, getting him into sleep.

Later that night, Will felt a hand covering his mouth, handcuffs on his wrists. He opened his eyes and immediately got knocked unconscious.

As the mysterious offenders drug Will away, they hadn't noticed Ironhide videotaping them the whole time.

The next morning, everyone was woken up by Ironhide's terrified scream.

"Will?! Will!" Ironhide shouted.

"Hey, man. What's with all the yelling?" Robert Epps asked.

"Wills gone!" Ironhide shouted.