Chapter 7

CONTENT WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF BLOOD. READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

"We are not going to tell her the truth, Amelia! You are aware that her mother might take her away from us!" Jordan said in a furious tone. Skylar, who is listening behind the closed door, became intrigued. She is aware that she should not be listening in on other people's private conversations, but her curiosity drives her to continue listening to her parents' arguments.

"They're getting closer. Jordan, I think it is time for us to tell them the truth. We can't keep it a secret forever! They deserve to know the truth!" Amelia said.

"I couldn't care less if Skylar and she are getting closer. Please, please... Please, don't tell her the truth. I don't want us to lose Skylar." Jordan begged. He was almost crying when he said that. Skylar was taken aback when she heard her name called. She became nervous all of a sudden, and her hands, which were holding the doorknob, began to shake.

"I understand how you feel right now, Jordan. But Skylar is at the right age, and Hazel is getting older. They both deserve to know the truth and to be happy. Skylar should be informed that her biological mother is Hazel." When Skylar heard what her mother said, the tears in her eyes are forming and her hands automatically moved to open the door.

"What exactly do you mean, Mom? What exactly do you mean when you say Aunt Hazel is my biological mother?" Skylar said with no emotions. The tears in her eyes are threatening to fall. Amelia and Jordan got shocked when Skylar asked those questions.

"Please answer, Mom and Dad. Is Aunt Hazel my biological mother?"

"Yes," Amelia told the truth.

Skylar fell to the floor and cried. She couldn't believe the woman she thought was her Aunt was actually her biological mother.

Aunt Hazel is my mother? And Kuya Troy is my brother?

"Is that why you don't give me your time, because I'm not your daughter?!" She asked.

"Baby, no. You are our daughter, and we love you – " Jordan said, crying.

"Liar!" Skylar screamed and stood up. This time, she wants to be by herself and escape. The pain was too much for her heart to bear.

She started to leave while running quickly. Because of the tears, her eyes were hazy. She kept running until she came to the center of the road.

A car is coming at a high speed. The car struck her as she was about to run.

"Skylar!" Hazel yelled and ran over to Skylar, who was lying on the road. Hazel had followed her out of the house earlier.

She was sobbing uncontrollably and shouted for help. Skylar was covered in blood. She was almost out of breath and ready to give up at any moment. Her parents had also arrived and cried when they saw her. Jordan requested an ambulance.

The cops arrived and arrested the person who had hit Skylar. Jordan wanted to punch the suspect, but police officers stopped him.

The paramedics have arrived. They go straight for Skylar. They then leave for the hospital.

---

Meanwhile, the suspect is currently in the police station. To help him with the case that had been filed against him, his lawyer also arrived.

"Do something, Atty. Gomez! I can't afford to spend the rest of my life in jail!" The suspect said with full disgust.

"Don't worry, Sir."

"Where's the suspect? Where is he?!"

A familiar voice was heard by the suspect. He was taken aback when he saw who it was. It was Hazel.

When Hazel saw him, she became terrified and something in her became agitated. She was trembling brutally as she approached him. She slapped him and punched him repeatedly. The cops had to act to stop her from doing so.

"So it was you?! I'll make sure to put you in jail, Yoshida!" she exclaimed angrily.

Mr. Yoshida, the rapist, was the suspect.