Vytal Festival Tournament

And's POV

Today's the day and I'm ready... to take a nap. Rain and Layla were up all night because they were so "pumped up" they even quoted Professor Theodore. Trayb slept like a log and woke up unbothered while I watched and listened to them strategize and what not. "You guys finally done with you "game plan" as you call it?" I ask getting up from my bed. The two girls look to me smiling, "Yes. And we just need one last thing..." Rain says standing up. "And that being?" I ask backing away as Layla follows suit. "Guys? What do you mean "one last thing" I ask grabbing the knob of the door. It's locked?! But-"How? You ask?" Rain says giggling. Layla giggles, "Like we said we "strategized" everything." Layla says diabolically. I look to Trayn, "You gonna lie there Trayn or you gonna help me?" I ask desperately. He grumbles and turns to his side, ignoring me. Then they pounce on me, "Get his legs, Layla. Tie'em down good." Rain commands. Layla nods, "Understood." as she continues to tie my legs. "Guys?! Come on, this is unethical and without consent." I argue. Rain picks me up, slamming me onto a chair. "Just hold still." she say gripping my chin. She examines my face as Layla brings this big, black bag. "Wai-Don't move or you might get hurt." Layla says disrupting me. I watch as Rain reaches in the bag, laughing with this evil tone. "Rain? Rain, come on." I say trying to reason. I look to Trayn one last time, "Trayn? Trayn? Trayn!" I shout as the two psychos blind fold me.

Cinder's POV

Ahh... the first day of the Vytal Festival Tournament. Once we're all ready with the addition of Neapolitan finally joining us, we head to Amity Colosseum. It's packed, every seat is taken and there is still people arriving. The ships were crowded, the docking areas were crowded but at least we were able to find front row seats. Once everyone is seated, the announcers officially start the tournament on the speakers. "Welcome people of Remnant. To the 40th Vytal Festival Tournament. I'm Peter Port." announces Professor Port. "And, I'm Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck." announces Professor Oobleck. "This year is expected to a roller coaster of a tournament as students from all four academies come together in a epic showdown of strategy, skill, and resolve." he finishes. "That's right, Professor. This year we have quite the wide array of talent. And we get to witness here, at the famed Amity Colosseum!" Port says. They go on to explain the tournament rules and how it's going to go. Starts with team fights then two on two, then one on ones. Simple as that. Team JNPR is sitting by us. "Sup, Emerald." says Nora as the latter smiles awkwardly at her, "Hi, Nora." I just smile as the first team is announced. Well enough chit chat. Let's get this tournament going!" announces Professor Port as the screens come up showing the first teams who will be competing. Of Shade Academy, Team ALTR! This team is a force to be reckoned with." warns Port. "Quite right, Peter. Layla Sands daughter of the Sand Storms is a remarkable young fighter. Being the daughter of a renowned huntsmen and huntress duo is truly marvelous." praises Oobleck. "Then the Quill twins. Rain and Trayn Quill. These twins are known for their expertise in dual wield weapons but make no mistake that just because they specialize in dual wield doesn't mean they're nothing without them." announces Professor Port. "Finally, Alexander Monreih. A prodigy of Professor Theodore himself, he has made quite a name for himself as a student. Being raised and trained by the headmaster of Shade Academy, you cannot help but wonder what tricks Mr. Monreih must be hiding. He also seems to have taken a dive in a pool. Such a strange strategy but nonetheless, he was trained by Theodore himself." warns Oobleck. I smile as Alexander walks into the arena with his team then I here, "ALEXANDER! TRAYN!" I look and see all these girls fawing over him and his teammate. I grit my teeth for a moment before bringing myself back to reality. "What was I thinking for a moment?" I ask myself as the other team is announced. 

"From Beacon, Team AZRE. Led by Alma Mater, a famous part time model and commercial celebrity, be warned she's not all smiles and autographs. Next Zenith Lane. Her strategizing skills are second to none and she's known as the "brains" of Team AZRE" Professor Oobleck announces. "Yes indeed, Professor. Now, meet Ronin Shin. A Mistral native, she hails from a family of stealth huntsmen. Trained at a young age, she was taught to study before attacking, to wait and listen." Professor Port says. "Finally, Erin Xodia. At Beacon, she's called "The Storm" famous for her semblance to create literal storms either in battle or in a classroom when she doesn't understand my tests. Make sure you LOOK AT THE STUDY GUIDE BEFORE COMING TO CLASS!" says Oobleck as he finished announcing the teams. The screens then show what biomes will be used for the fight showing a plain and a thunder storm. "Well this should be interesting." says Emerald as the announcers begin the count down. 

And's POV

First off, I "dislike" the intrusion of my personal space. Second, I'm literally drenched in water. Looking towards our opponents, I wave to them. They scoff as they walk closer, Rain does the same. "Go easy on us girls. I wouldn't wanna hurt such beauty." she says. I can't tell is she is joking or actually flirting with them. Team AZRE looks her down head to toe before rolling their eyes. "You'll be lucky to even get an inch close to me." boasts Alma as she pops some gum into her mouth. Rain laughs, "I love that spirit." she says with a wink. Alma backs off as the biomes are announced. "Looks like plains and a thuuunddddeeeerr stoooooorrrrrmmm." says Professor Port. "HAHAHAHA... good..." Erin says with this devilish grin on her face. "Oh no..." says Trayn. I can't be bothered cause my hair is blocking my view. "Listen... let's just-Let's not actually." Alma says disrupting me. I bend down a little trying to get my hair in front so I can brush it back. "I mean, let's do our best." I say as I stand straight putting my hair back. Team AZRE go red for a moment. "Uhh, I mean- sure." Alma says hiding her face. I give her a confused look, "Are you okay? You seem... you all seem a little red." I ask looking at all four girls. I turn to Rain but she's just giving me this death stare. "Maybe this was a bad idea." she says as she balls up her fists. I am so lost right now until the counter starts to go. "Three, two, one. BEGIN!" says the announcer and we all charge forward. 

Since the plain is behind us, Layla goes back instead and plants her spear in the ground. The twins and I charged at Team AZRE. I hold my sword at my side as I target Zenith. "Knew it." she says as she casually dodges to the right. Before I can think, a fist is barely grazing my cheek. "Huh, guess you more than a teacher's pet after all." says Erin smiling putting her fists up. After a closer look, I spot three thin blades around her wrist. "Right." I say as I bring my sword up. Trayn is occupied with Ronin who's taken refuge in the storm. I see him walk into and less then 10 seconds he's sent flying out of the storm. "Trayn!" yells Layla. Before we know it, Alma appears out of no where and grabs her face. "Look into my eyes." she says as Layla lets go of her spear. "You know you're actually really cool." Alma says complimenting her. "You know what? I am! I mean, yeah I have a cool semblance and weapon and my parents are renowned huntsmen. I guess that's just me." she goes boasting about herself. "Layla?! Now's not the time to boast." I scream blocking a punch from Erin. "It seems Ms. Mater has activated her semblance!" announces Oobleck. "Ego. As I recall, Alma Mater can make anyone boast about themselves. They will stop whatever they're doing and go on for days talking about how cool they are and... well you get the picture." Port says finally. "Hmph, go figure." Rain scoffs as she fights Zenith. Meanwhile, Trayn gets up and Alma's in his face. "Why helloooo..." suddenly Alma is seeing moving sluggishly. "Wha-what's happening as she trying to keep herself up. "And it seems, Trayn Quill has activated his semblance. "Fatique" where he's able to take your physical energy and use it to amplify his own. It leaves the victim in a rather sluggish state to where you seem you'll about to fall asleep!" says Oobleck. "Heh" I say as Trayn smiles to me. I look back towards Erin who watches her teammate fall to the ground. "Alma..." she turns back to me with this very scary face. "RONIN!" she shouts as a black flash comes out of the storm. In a second, Ronin is behind Trayn, ready to strike him down with her sai. Before Trayn can react, Layla pushes him out of the way as Ronin slashes her. "LAYLA!" Rain screams running to her. Ronin stands over her, "Brave but foolish." she says. "Wait till you see this." Layla says eyeing the ground. Ronin looks down as a the grounds cracks open. Layla lifts a hand up as the broken pieces begin to go for Ronin. She jumps and dodges but gets hit a few times. Rain is behind her, activating her semblance, blinding Ronin for a moment. As she prepares to strike, Ronin uses the her blade to swipe away Rain's attack before flipping and using her legs to kick off of Rain's body to Erin. Layla smirks before closing her eyes. "Layla..." I say. I quickly snap out of it as I notice Erin's missing. Looking around, I hear a thunder clap. Oobleck gasps on the speaker, "Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for this spectacle." he says in awe. As the clouds begin to  disappear, I see Erin in the storm. Raising her arms, the storm grows even bigger than before. "Enough of this." she says as she stares me down. Zenith is a little in front of me with this box in her hands. "Right to me, Erin." she says. Erin smirks, "No problem." as lightning bolts begin to hit the arena. Rain is running trying to fight Ronin while Trayn checks Layla for a moment before joining me. "Well, Layla Sands and Alma Mater are out and it's down to a three on three match." Professor Port says on the speaker. Erin lifts up her hand, "Watch this." she says with a grin. As a huge cloud looms over us. I look towards Zenith as the box begins to glow. It then transform into... a cannon? "And? You got a plan?" Trayn asks. I look at him, then Zenith, then the cloud. "Sure, Trayn. Sure..." I say assuringly.