[Part 1]

It would've been a day like every other: Noah and Milo would go to school together after getting ready. But it was supposed to go a little different today. Because when the cousins reached their school, Noah pulled Milo after him to meet up with his "friend". "Milo, that's Observer, my boyfriend! Don't judge him or his name, he chose it! Observer, that's Milo, my cousin!" Noah smiled excitedly. Milo scanned Noah's so called boyfriend: Dark hair, pale skin and mysteriously glowing, dark eyes. Over all nothing Milo liked. This guy gave him an unwell feeling. "Nice to meet you..." Milo said anyways, "Noah, if you may excuse me, I'm gonna leave now... Bye!" Then he left and went to his classroom. There he noticed a boy in the back of the class. Milo's seen him before: He was small, fragile, had dark hair and pale skin with small scars and burns littered all over his body. Milo liked him though they never talked before. But today he decided to talk to him. "Ehm, hey?" Milo asked carefully. The boy looked up: His eyes were dark but had some fiery sparkles in them. Milo smiled softly, he liked that sparkles. "Hey, I'm Milo... Can I sit with you today?" he said. "Sure, you can... I-I'm Firebrand, by the way..." the boy said. His voice was rough but still soft, warm but still a little cold and strong but still breaking with nervousity. Milo liked that, he felt save with it. "Thank you!" he smiled and sat down, "Sorry if this sounds mean but why do you always sit in the back of class?" "I... I just don't like being noticed... Besides you that worked..." Firebrand smiled, "I like you though you're kind!" "Thank you... "So are you though!" Milo said softly, "Do you wanna have lunch together?" "Yeah, sure... Nobody ever asked me though..." Firebrand smiled. "I think you're cool, so why wouldn't I?" Milo smiled back. Later that day, around lunch time, Milo and Firebrand met in the cafeteria. "Hey Milo!" Firebrand smiled. "Hey Firebrand!" Milo smiled back. "Milo?" Noah suddenly asked. The younger boy turned around, "Hey Noah!" "There you are! I've been waiting for you!" Noah said, "I thought we'd get lunch together as always?" "Oh, eh, no... I'm having lunch with my friend Firebrand here today, sorry, I didn't tell you..." Milo said. "It's fine... I'll just have lunch with Observer then!" Noah chuckled. Milo could see Firebrand flinch from the corner of his eye when Noah mentioned Observer. "Hey, what's up with you?" Noah asked. "Oh, eh, well, ehm... I-it's nothing..." Firebrand managed to get out. "Okay, bye then Milo!" Noah smiled and left. "Yeah bye!" Milo said and groaned, "I don't like his stupid boyfriend..." "Observer's his boyfriend?" Firebrand asked. "How do you know Observer? You even flinched when Noah mentioned him..." Milo wondered. "He's my brother...' Firebrand sighed, "We... Let's just say, we don't get along that well..." "Oh... That's sad... Sorry for asking..." Milo said and looked away. "It's fine... I'm dealing with it and you couldn't have known..." Firebrand smiled softly, "Now should we go get lunch?" Milo nodded. After a few minutes they sat at a table. Milo ate, had a book open next to him and scribbled down stuff on his notepad. Firebrand chuckled at his new friend's behaviour. Milo looked up at the sudden noise. "You're cute all focused like that..." Firebrand chuckled softly. "Eh... Hehe... Thanks..." Milo blushed. "Sure!" Firebrand chuckled softly. They'd usually spend lunch break that from this day on and became very close friends. Until one day...