Chapter 11 B

Lisa's POV

Soft puffs of breath against my cheek, the sound of morning doves chirping in the rising sun and the breeze drifting slowly through the opened window is how I wake.

Not really. It's the sound of construction trucks, car horns, and the glare of sun off of the roof next door that rip me from slumber.

My eyes flutter open slowly, annoyed by the morning routine, only for the feeling to vanish abruptly at the sight of golden strands and a pale back barely covered by my white sheets.

These are my special sheets. My - impress mom when she comes to inspect my home - sheets.

I hardly ever used them, because, really , who uses white sheets ?

In this moment, I've never been happier to have ruined all the other sets.

Chaeyoung sighs when I lean up on my elbow to watch her sleep, shifting the bed slightly. I watch her face even out moments later as she falls back asleep.

I can't help but smile. My heart feels full and for the first time in a long time, I wake up feeling happy.

I ponder if the intensity of my feelings should scare me, but my mother was a big believer in soulmates and everything feeling easy with the right person.

It's been so oddly easy with Chaeyoung.

A grumpy huff breaks me of my reverie, and I see a sleeping, frustrated Chaeyoung pouting as she tugs fruitlessly on the sheets that managed to fall further down her body since I've risen.

I roll out of bed slowly after pulling the blanket back over the sleeping blonde. Chaeyoung groans unhappily when my body leaves hers, and I press a kiss to her temple to soothe her back into slumber. She smiles at the kiss, then her face falls into softness as she falls back asleep, content and naked in my bed.

I stretch, my body cracking pleasantly in my joints and my muscles pulling to remind me just how sore I am from last night's activities.

I sneak out to the kitchen, starting a pot of coffee. My stomach rumbles loudly, reminding me that neither me nor Chaeyoung were able to tear ourselves away from each other long enough to actually eat last night.

I pull eggs and bacon out of the fridge, as well as some cut up fruit and orange juice. I fry the bacon, wafting the scent together with the scent of fresh coffee towards the bedroom door in hopes of waking her.

I check my phone, sending a quick message to Jisoo, while I listen to the meat sizzle and pop, and once it's finished, I put the serving platter into the oven to keep it warm. I scramble up some eggs, adding a touch of Tabasco like Chaeyoung told me was the secret trick her dad taught her.

Jisoo calls while I'm beating the eggs.

"Hey Chu," I answer quietly.

"Oh, Jesus Christ, you're alive."

"Yes," I let out a tiny chuckle.

"Oh my God!" My sister squeals. "You two are ridiculous. You're basically already living together, but you're too chicken shit to ask her to be your girlfriend."

I cast a look over to my closed bedroom door, and turn the heat off the stove. I shovel the eggs into a tray and add it to the oven and whisper to my sister to hold on while I move out to my balcony for some privacy.

"We are not," I say, looking out over the cityscape and smiling at the memory of Chaeyoung's sleepy face. "She's just, I dunno Jisoo, she's just so different than what I'm used to. She doesn't expect anything from me other than to just be me. It's nice. It's amazing. It's perfect. She's perfect. It's been so fucking nice, Jisoo, to not have any expectations."