𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 1- 𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑣𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

..

' Run run hurry ! ' espresso tugged at madeleine to go faster . His lantern flickered . Their whole team had been slaughtered brutally and they were the only ones who survived . Horrible monsters that no one has ever laid their eyes on were hunting them down . The pair were trying desperately to escape the creatures , stumbling and pushing themselves to run faster .

' Espresso they're coming ! , I can't run faster ! What do we do ? ! ' Hearing upon those words , espresso comes to a halt , startling madeleine . He turns around with his eyes glossy and tightens his grip around madeleine's hand . ' Espresso . ? ' Madeleine gets worried and stares at him , scared . ' Madeleine , we won't make it , but , ' he chokes up on his words . ' Esp you're scaring me .. '

Espresso lets go of his hand . ' , But I will .' Saying that , madeleine felt as if his whole world went on pause . ' what .. ' Espresso started backing away slowly . ' Wait , WAIT PLEASE !!' He started to cry , pleading for espresso . ' YOU CANNOT LEAVE ME ! ESPRESSO PLEASE COME BACK IM BEGGING OF YOU ! ' It was too late . Espresso was already off . Madeleine fell to his knees . How could he leave him like this ? Why would he leave him ? Did he not mean anything to espresso ? He didn't know . He buried his face in his hands , letting out choked sobs .

' why would he leave me . Espresso .. ' He heard the monsters . He didn't care . He felt betrayed and heart broken . Suddenly , he felt a sharp pain .

༻𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯༺

It felt wrong.I ran as fast as I can . I can come back for him with help . But for now , one of us has to make it . Being far away from where I left him , it wasn't long until I heard it . Blood curdling screams. I started crying , still running , not daring to look back . I knew it was wrong but I still left him anyway . It would keep the monsters busy and I could get away . I tripped over my own feet but I kept running . I will not go the same fate like my colleagues and my dearest friend . I sacrificed him . I sacrificed them . I did it all . The guilt inside me was bubbling , I was trembling . If I didn't sacrifice him , the monsters would've got us both . It was for the better . I'm sorry .

★𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯★

The monsters were getting closer to me . I stared with frightened eyes as they were only a mile away from me . I got up . Why didn't I run ? Why did I just stay there ? Did I accept my fate already ? So soon ? So quickly ? I don't know , but I won't live .  The monsters were right in-front of me . ! ' AAAHHHHHHHH ! PLEASE ! STOP !! ESPRESS— AGHHHHHHHH ! ' it hurt . everything hurt . every inch of my body was being torn . my left eye was gnawed off . Every inch of my body was spewing out blood . I laid there motionless . My chest was gushing out blood as I screamed in agony . ' AAAAAGGGHHHHHHH ! '

SCRSHHHHHHH !

I stopped resisting. Was I , dead ? Most likely . My heart was ripped out . I blacked out and soon after , I was in a beautiful place ! Was this heaven ? No , there was no gates or anything . I stood up and looked down at the ground .

oh
Oh no .

I shrieked , my reflection ! I look straight out of a horror movie . Soon , the sky was painted crimson red and the crystal clear water under me turned black . I panicked and I stumbled down , shakily reaching up to my face . My eye , my blood , it was black . I had cuts everywhere ! It seemed as if my chest where my heart should be and my left eye was scribbled out . Divine , it was all so gorey ! My breaths were staggered .

༻𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯༺

Madeleine was horrified ! All sort of thoughts ran through his head . Why could this even happen to him ! Why was this his fate ! Why was his imagery so frightening ! Oh , that's right ,

Espresso .

Madeleine looked up and saw a shadow , he gasped . And he wished he didn't . As soon as he opened his mouth , a wide corrupted smile crept onto the shadow's face and forced its way into his mouth . His thoughts vanished and madeleine felt like he wasn't even in control . All he wanted was revenge . How could espresso leave him to die ! He wants to make espresso pay . Madeleine started to laugh , but it wasn't his . It sounded distorted and growl - like . Soon , madeleine found a way out of that hellish place . But now , he wants to haunt espresso . He wants to drive the mage insane until his last breath . Quickly , he starts to roam the lands and waits for the perfect time to start his little game .

...

Espresso's legs hurt but he didn't care . But after a while , he caught a glimpse of light . Did he make it back ? Was this a miracle ? He didn't know . But he ran and ran until he got closer . Surely enough , espresso did make it to the kingdom ! He held up his lantern and waved it around , hoping the guards would see the light moving and spot the mage . ' Over here ! Please ! Help me ! ' One of the guards look into the woods , seeing the injured mage and he quickly rushes to his aid . Espresso stops and falls to his knees , tired and relieved . Yet the guilt is still rampaging through his body . ' Ser espresso is back ! ' The guard yelled , helping espresso up . The other guard opened the gates as they called for a healer to come . And soon enough , about 2 cookies came and helped espresso to the hospital .

...

༻𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯༺

I woke up in a medical room . I'm alive huh ? I look around and see a wristband and a gown . Who changed me ? , disgusting . I continue to scan the room . After a while , a nurse came in with a clip board and stared right at me . ' Good morning professor espresso . are you feeling alright ? ' I nod and stretch . ' A special visitor is here to see you , ' she flashed a smile and letted someone inside .

' detective almond ? ' I ask , trying to maintain my messy hair . ' Mhm ! I'll leave you both alone to talk . ' The nurse left and closed the door , almond coming towards me and sits down on a chair . ' Hello professor , im here to ask you questions . ' I look down . oh please just let me die . Stab me with a needle for gods sake ! ' . ask away detective . ' He smiled and pulled out a notepad . ' alright then let's get answering . '

...

' alright then , last question . ' Almond clicked his pen , ' Where are the others ? '
My eyes widened . That's right , i killed them . ' . . They were slaughtered by monsters . '
My eyes welled up. ' specifically what kind , ? '
I stared at the bed sheets and clutched them . ' one's that are yet to be discovered . '
Almond nodded and smiled . ' thank you . Once you've recovered you will be invited to my office to record the new specimen . ' I nodded and stared into his eyes . He had a soft smile and gentle eyes . I shifted my angle as he placed his hand on my leg . Weird . ' you can always come into my office anytime , it's a miracle that you survived . ' I nodded and gently moved my leg . He stood up and left .

.
.
.
' play time espresso . '

A/N: 1204 Words wowowowo
Im actually proud of this and I will kms if there's a typo 😇