Chapter 9

My room is dark and I can hear the wind howling outside. I am on my side and facing the wall of my room. I am afraid Layne has left again. I tentatively reach my foot to the other side of the bed and my breath catches when my foot meets a warm, hairy leg.

Layne is still here. I smile to myself and roll onto my other side to face him. He is lying on his back. He is perfectly still except for the light breaths escaping his mouth on each exhale. His face is barely illuminated by the flickering light of the street lamp, but his angular features are prominent.

I scoot myself closer so my head is sharing the same pillow and curl my body around his side. I move my head closer towards his so I can smell his hair and cuddle into his neck. I don't want to disturb him and I fear waking him will result in him leaving. But once my face touches his neck, a thick, warm hum emits from his throat and he turns his face into my hair.

I hear him breathe in my hair and I raise my chin to look into his eyes. He touches his nose to mine. I smile softly to myself and he pulls his arm out from between us and wraps it around me to hold me to him. I reach my arm across his chest, place my thigh over his, and melt into him.

"Are you going to leave me tonight?" I ask softly, my voice barely a whisper.

"Shhhh." He replies in a low voice.

He rolls onto his side and faces me. Our heads on the same pillow and our noses touching. The room is dark but I can see the warmth in his gray-blue eyes as he stares deeply back at me.

"I never wanna leave you." He says in a husky tone clouded by sleep. He gathers me closely to him and cradles me in his arms against his chest. I kiss his neck and give him a little nibble. I can feel him smile. I raise my face back up to his and look into his eyes.

He runs his finger along the dark hairs of my eyebrow, then down the side of my face. He follows the curve of my jawline then caresses my bottom lip. I kiss his finger as it passes over my lip. He smiles and lets his finger linger. I suck his long finger into my mouth and hold his gaze. I hear his breath catch and he grins slowly at me.

His finger drops from my mouth and he threads his fingers through my hair. He leans over me and kisses me softly on my lips while his hand cradles the side of my head and is buried in my hair. He deepens the kiss and his tongue slowly caresses mine.

I sigh and he smiles against my lips.

"I love that sound," he says to me in a lusty, thick tone. He trails kisses down my neck to my breasts. He licks and teases my nipples then trails kisses lower. He kisses down my inner thighs then over to my heat. He buries his face in me and rubs his beard and mustache along my most sensitive parts. I giggle at this and he bites my inner thigh then licks down my clit.

"God, Ana," He says while licking and kissing me, "I love the way you taste and smell."

"Layne!" I say in reply and close my thighs tightly against his head in a shocked response.

He chuckles thickly and pries my thighs back open with his hands. "Hey, let me back in," he says with a grin.

I laugh and say, "no, I don't want to think I have a smell down there." I reply, my face growing hotter.

He smiles at me softly and kindly. My lack of self-confidence is obvious and I am obviously not comfortable with my body in the way that more experienced women are.

He studies my face for a moment then makes a growling sound and bites my inner thigh again. He rises above me, lays next to me and pulls me to him in a spooning position.

I can feel his hard erection against my back. He wraps his arm around me and nestles it between my breasts.

"Okay, tell me about the men you have been with." Layne says softly in my ear.