Chapter Three: Cyra

When you hear the tolling of the Fire Bell, you know war has begunso go on, fight with swords and spears. But true warriors don't fight with weapons. They fight with love and magic.

—Ember, Queen of Fire

Ignis.

The country of fire. 

Its flames flickered higher than the tallest mountain, a symbol of hope for its people. As Cyra approached, hope flooded her body, seeing her home again—without ruin—was amazing. 

Intertwining her fingers together, Cyra peered through the window. Port Ruin was still holding strong, bits and bobs sinking in the water below it. It was as busy as always, merchants selling things that is rumored to have come from Wana, the land beyond mortals.

However, beyond the hustle and bustle of the port, fear is like a rope, wrapping around the small island nation. There is no sounds, no dancing—nothing but the sound of whimpering coming from inside the houses.

Confused, Cyra waited for the ship to dock before dashing across the main deck and jumping underwater. She swam to the little latch, struggling to open it before it loosened. Walking along the dirty tunnels, a rancid smell wafted up Cyra's nose.

She picked up the pace, the smell too terrible to bare.

However, the silence of the island nation chilled Cyra. Something was wrong. Very, very wrong. When she was clambering up the stone steps, into the safety of her house, she heard the bell, chilling—
The Fire Bell. However, it was not alone, no, a melody that only a certain bell could ring. The Bone Bell. They were ringing as one, together. That was not good, not good at all.

When the Fire Bell rings, it marks the death of their monarch. It's the same for the Bone Bell, the War Bell and the Death Bell. When two of them ring together though...

It marks the start of The Trials although Ossa has a different word for it. Cyra shivered at the thought of Ossa. She didn't want to relive what she had gone through there.

Cyra touched the back of her neck to be sure that she hadn't been chosen. When she did, a sticky black liquid oozed from her fingers. She turned around, and sure enough, there was The Trials official.

She was chosen.