1

I see the rain pouring down, Before my very eyes

BK

"Bey, she just fucking threw up all over me!"

I rolled my eyes and stood up from my white sectional. Having a sick child isn't fun.

I went into my room where Diamonte was and picked Nina up from her lap. White throw up was all over her shirt and even some in her hair.

I laughed, "You see how none got on her? She did that shit on purpose."

Nina was smiling like she actually did do it on purpose. Diabolical just like her mother.

Even though Nina is three, she's mute. Shes never said a single word, we don't know why.

Diamonte didn't find that funny. She rolled her eyes, she kind of looked like she was about to cry. "She ran out of the medicine, go to the pharmacy and get her some more. Take her with you too."

"Take her with me? You want me to take our already sick daughter anywhere so she can throw up in my car or on me?"

"I need to wash this shit off me, take her."

It wasn't even worth it to argue with her. She somehow always gets her way. "Fine, whatever. We'll be back soon."

I cleaned Nina up and left the house. She was falling asleep so it wasn't hard to get her in her car seat, hopefully she stays asleep the whole ride.

Of course, nothing goes my way. About a minute into the ride, I got a call and my phone ringing woke her up.

She immediately woke up and started crying. It was actually more like screaming than crying.

I angrily answered the phone without even checking who it was. "What?!" Now me and B are both pissed.

"Woahh? What's with all the hostility?" It was my dumbass best friend, Robyn.

"What do you want? You woke up Nina." I couldn't even curse to express my anger because Nina was in the car.

"My bad. Is she still sick?"

"Nig- I told you she was sick a couple hours ago, you think she got cured since then?" Why is everyone so dumb? I know she can hear her screaming in the background too.

"Okay, fuck you. I was just calling to say another shipments coming in tonight."

"I don't care."

I'm trying to get out of that life now. I don't want to be the person I used to be anymore, having a daughter changed me. And going to prison. Twice.

"Well you need to care, you're coming."

"No the fuc- no I'm not." I'm terrible at watching my language.

She chuckled, "It's funny that you think you have a choice. I'll pick you up at midnight." She hung up before I could say anything else.

I knew I didn't have a choice so I hit the steering wheel, that was really all I could do. I'm doing everything I can to stop all the illegal shit I do but I don't really have a choice. My daughter has to eat.

I don't do much, I'm just there when I'm needed. Usually that isn't a lot but I've been needed more than usual now.

It's not like I can get a legal job with two felonies. I've tried.

Nina calmed down by the time I got to the pharmacy which made it easy for me to get her out her car seat. She definitely likes me more than Diamonte, she never cries when I'm holding her.