“By the way, what’s going on? Why did you looked for me?”

“You must prepare as His Highness will visits the Duke household later.”

“Alright. I’ll prepare right away.”

“Then, this way.”

Telling that everything went well did not means that Nadia was happy, more like, she had finally got a schedule after being bored.

She knew she was back at the age of 20, but Nadia couldn’t remember exactly what happened around this period.

No matter how trustworthy their supporter, it is not uncommon for a monarch to visit their subject. But for some reason, the King’s visit  reminds her the scene that happened from her first life.

Nadia followed the maid, contemplating.

‘… It must be because of the problem during the improvement ceremony of the Kalaai Expedition.’

The Kalaai Expedition helped to drive out those beasts and stabilize the Western Border. The problem was that among those who led the expedition, the leader of the Northern Region, the Marquis of Winterfell, was included.

Her father, who was based in the Southern Region, had a blatant relationship with the Northern Lord. He hated them, ironically, it was the same to the Northern, they also hates the Duke of Balajit.

They are understandable, Is their kind of Lord who will like someone, who has a power to controls the king and governs the national affairs?

The stupid king fell for her father’s lies and was sincerely wary of the North.

Since her father demands to be faithful in his duty as his vassal, the king was at the level of courage that he didn’t need to make a decision on his own life.

‘I’m guessing right now that my father doesn't want to give them the honor of a Triumphal Ceremony.’

Although it was pitiful for the Marquis of Winterfell, who fought for the honor of the king after winning the battle, now was not the time to worry about them.

It was around this time that the marriage alliance with Lee Ji-ho, the fiance who betrayed her in her previous life, was decided.

If her memory was right, the announcement of the engagement will come out within today.

‘Time is too short. It would have been nice if I could have gone back a little early… … .’

As she moved, her face contorted nervously.

* * *

When Nadia finished dressing up and headed to the main building, a carriage engraved with the royal emblem had already arrived at the front door. It was probably the carriage the king rode.

Her father appeared opposite her direction, who was walking faster.

“Why are you so late?”

“I apologize. I prepared myself as much as possible… … .”

“His Highness is still looking around the garden. Rather, I have something I need to tell you.”

It seems her memory where the words regarding of an engagement within today is not wrong. Unsurprisingly, Duke Balajit brought it up.

“You already heard that you and Karen needs to prepared, right?”

“Yes, that’s what the maid said.”

“In the meantime, there will be a talk about the Improvement ceremony. You will be asked what it would be like to offer a laurel wreath to Lee Ji-ho, you have to agree as it’s a good idea. Do you understand?”