Chapter 1

DAY ONE.
  John stared blankly at the single-worded message that was displayed on his computer: DREAD. John had just recieved the anonymous message, which was when he had sat down. John looked closer at the computer.
  The message didn't show who it came from, as well as why it was sent to John.
  Curious and confused, John got up from his rolling chair and threw himself onto the bed in the corner or his bedroom. Slowly, with his face buried in his bangs, he raised his head to check the time. "10:00, that's just great. Why am I not exhausted?" He whispered to himself. He slumped his head back on the bed, feeling very frustrated. He suddenly wondered if the message he saw earlier was a threat, or a sign that he was unaware of.
  John got back up, and walked slowly to his tinted window. He stared at the pitch-black empty sky. A new moon lingered in the sky, leaving a darkness to the world. Suddenly, John felt weak and collapsed.
                                    ***
"...Ugh...w-what...what happened?" John woke up on a cold, concrete floor. Multiple green stains decorated the ground. John struggled to stand up, but managed to pull through. He looked around.
  He was surrounded by black-painted walls, and a flickering light bulb that hung from the roof. As John looked closer, spotting a door that was covered by one of the black walls.
  He attempted to open the door behind the wall. The wall prevented the door from opening or closing. John tore chunks off the wall, and then tried to open the door again. The door opened by itself. He peeked outside of the door. A dimly lit hallway with another door at the end of the hallway lurked ahead. It had similar walls to the previous room, as well as the same floor, and light bulb too.
  As he walked out of the room, he stumbled upon a pink hand mirror. It had fake jewel designs on the back, as if it were meant to be a girl's toy. He picked up the mirror, and looked at his reflection. As he checked for any cuts or bruises, a pale white girl with stringy, black hair stared at John through the mirror with horrific eyes.
  John (without thinking) frantically threw the mirror onto the floor, making it shatter into unrepairable pieces. He ran to the door behind him, and as he glanced back, saw blood oozing from the shattered glass.
  He closed the door behind him. The room was absolute darkness. "This-can-never-b-be-good," John stuttered, feeling a wave of damp, cold air hit his body.
  He shuffled his feet cautiously, and found a flashlight. As he flipped the flashlight on, a faint light appeared, died, and then came back. John cautiously peered around the area,  not.
  Not seeing any clue of where he was, he suddenly tripped over something fluffy. He got up, and shined light onto the thing. It was a perfect brown teddy bear. Deciding that it was the girl's teddy bear from the mirror, he didn't brimg it with him.
  He looked down to see a trapdoor. He pulled on the latch, which opened to a ladder leading into more darkness. He had no other choice, except down.