Chapter 5

John woke up in his bed at home. He saw his tinted window showing the bright sun outside in the blue sky. He felt his soft, smooth bed, and he also saw his scruffy, fuzzy chair.
He got up. His chest felt even worse. He struggled to open the door, then finally put his whole body on it. It flew open, and John fell down out of the door, and helplessly tumbled down the stairs. CRACK! His ribcage broke.
He slumped to the bottom of the stairs, bleeding, wounded, and bruised. He used the stair rail to help himself up, looked to his right to see Mike dead lying on the floor. He tripped over the corpse and fell down to the polished wooden floor.
John filled with courage. He crawled to the door, and got back up with all his strength. The door was so close...
BAM! The door swung open, and tons of SWAT stormed inside, circling John with dignity. "We have caught the killer, sir." One of the men spoke into his walkie-talkie. John realized that they thought he was MIKE'S KILLER. "What should we do with him, sir?" The man spoke again. "Kill him."
John heard the cocking of hand guns, and then realized that all the letters that he had discovered spelled DREAD.
He held his hands up, but the men showed no mercy.
"FIRE!"

END OF BOOK ONE.