Prologue

It was a quiet night. The waves gently hugged each other causing the gently noise that calmed many. As of now on top of the small island, a shrine to Inari was present.

Following it was three homes made of wood with beautiful petals that decorated its foundation. The dark oak wood seemed aged but refined in its color. But that is not our main focus for there is someone here who sees visions.

Shinano, the grey furred kitsune that never left her home without her three katana. She was sitting in her room, the shoji leading outside wide open as the moon was fully lighting the white kitsune staring at it. Overtime she fell into a slumber, another vision had struck her and the outcome was different from the usual death and destruction she had.

This one promised no pain nor death for all the shipgirls except for one, the man who seemed to be in charge of them. With his white outfit adorned with few medals yet he was seen so brilliant, the name was mentioned, a mere whisper but she heard it. "Mikami".

A small knock at the sliding door could be heard but she didn't hear it since she was sound asleep. "Shinano, are you awake?"

The shoji was opened by a black furred kistune with red stria on her face. She was wearing a black fur kimono that opened at the level of her bosom with a purple gem inside a golden brooch in a fan style holding it. "Mooh, why are you always sleeping when I come in your room? I'll start to think that you hate me, you know?" She approached the white kitsune and started poking her cheeks to wake her up.

"Vroooom...... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz..... Oh, did I doze off again? Musashi nee-san, why are you in this one's room?"

"Well, Nee-san wants to talk to you and asked me to wake you up since you're always sound asleep."

"Nee-san wants to talk to me?" Shinano was visibly confused since it was rare for her older sister to call her moreover in the middle of the night.

"Hai, come with me now, I'll guide you." Musashi rose up from her feet and marched towards the shoji she opened a few minutes ago and waited for her sister to escort her before continuing her march.

They walked through a maze of wallpapers wall before stopping in front of a sliding shoji representing a sakura tree, blooming behind an Inari shrine.

Musashi : "Nee-san is waiting for you in this room."

Shinano slided the door and approached the figure, sitting on the floor drinking tea.

(???) : "Do you mind drinking tea with your old sister, Shinano-imôto?"

"Of course not, Nee-san, I'm always glad to drink tea with my sisters."

Musashi entered the room as well and accepted the cup of tea handed to her by her older sister.

(???) : "Shinano, I called you here to discuss an important matter. It concerns-"

"It's about the commander of Azur Lane, right?"

"Why am I not surprised that you know about him? Nonetheless, after I saw his prowess as a leader, I think we should start to fight with the Azur Lane against the Sirens. It's been years that we have stayed hidden on this island known only to a few people. I asked Nagato to be the leader of the Sakura Empire but I think it's time to reveal to the world the might of the Yamato-class. That's why you will depart for Azur Lane in a few days. Musashi and I will still stay on this island for now but rest assured, Musashi will join you in a few months. I don't want all of us to arrive at Azur Lane at the same time, it could create diplomatic issues since, well, we're the best ships that never existed, right? To be serious, it could make the Sakura Empire seen as too powerful and by extension, seen as a threat."

"Understood. I will prepare myself for departure."

Shinano stood up and walked towards the door.

(???) : "I will personally send a letter to the commander for a few recommendations but do tell me if something happens or if he tries to do anything to you, ok?"

Shinano nodded quietly and left the room.

The silence was heavy in the room after the departure of their sister before being violated by Musashi.

"I hope everything will be fine for her and for everyone."

(???) : "I'm not sure how she will be received but since she know some of the shipgirls, it'll probably be fine. We don't know what the future awaits after all. We can only hope for the best and fight as hard as we can."

They both looked up, absorbed in their thoughts, before finishing their green tea.

And so, Shinano began her journey, on the path towards Azur Lane, and her destiny.

Hey, it's the author. Just so you understand. The prologue is situated a few months before The Awakening so you're aware of that now.

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and tell me if there's any problem with my story so I can modify it and make it easier and better to read. Take care and see ya guys.