Chapter Thirteen - Party

Muichiro's pov

It was Sunday, around 8am, I was in the kitchen eating my breakfast while thinking about the birthday party "Tanjiro looked so excited about it... maybe I should go.. just to make him proud.." I thought to myself and sighed.
"Idiot, start eating the cereal already, it's going to get all soggy and gross," Yuichiro said, hitting my shoulder a bit. I just shrugged and kept on just playing with the cereal with my spoon.

"Okay, tell me what's bothering you before I shove the spoon down your throat" he said and sat down next to me.
"So... there is this birthday party Tanjiro invited me to, I just don't know what to do... if I should go" I said looking down. "That's what's bothering you? God you are such an overthinker, well it's your choice, but with all your problems you shouldn't go... but if you really want to, I was invited too so I can keep you some company" Yuichiro said, laying his head on his palm.

"Well... he looked so excited about it and it might be a chance to finally move... I don't think I am making any progress whatsoever... it's like Tanjiro wants to keep moving with me, he helps me all the time but... I am just on the same spot... standing still..."

"Okay this is too deep for me, well all I will say is that, it's your choice and I am sure Tanjiro will respect your decision, he's your friend after all and wouldn't give up on you like that" he said forcing a little smile.

I smiled too and thanked him before pulling him into a hug. He just patted my head and pulled away "okay I'll go now, I'll be late" "late? For what?" I asked.
He stopped and looked at me "a date". "A date?!" I said excitedly "I am so happy for you! Is it someone from your class?" "Thanks and yeah, it's one guy from my class, okay I'll go now, I am already late" "alright! Enjoy your date!" I said and waved at Yuichiro as he left.

....

It was around 6pm, the party is starting in 2 hours and I still haven't decided if I should go or not. One side of me wanted to go and try to socialize somehow so I can make Tanjiro proud but the other side said not to, telling me I will just embarrass myself.

But then I remembered the look on Tanjiro's face, how excited he was about the whole thing. I sighed and buried my face into my hand "if I want to progress I need to go... I need to..." I thought to myself and grabbed my phone.

I turned it on and was about to call Tanjiro but I suddenly stopped. "Maybe it's a bad idea... Maybe I am not ready for this yet... but I need to do something..." I thought and buried my face into my palms.

"Well... Yui will be there so... I guess I can try" I said and called Tanjiro. "Yes Mui?" He said right when he picked up the call.
"Well... I was thinking about the party... and.. I decided that I'll go.." I said and waited for Tanjiro's answer. "What?! Really?! Oh I am so glad you decided to go! I'll pick you up by your house at 7:30!" He said.

"S-Sounds good" I said before Tanjiro ended the call. I dropped the phone next to me and sighed.

7pm

"God what should I wear..." I thought to myself and looked into my closet.
20 minutes later and I still didn't know what to wear, I started panicking "this was a bad idea, what the heck am I supposed to do".

Suddenly Yuichiro walked into the room and saw my by the closet. "What are you doing? You look like you saw a dead person" Yuichiro said, leaning against the wall.