11

5 ( third pov)

"Guys! I found something down the path I went on," Mr.Wales spoke. He held up something and the other two brothers looked at it interestingly. "What is it?" Mr. Scotland asked. They all huddled together to look at the object, and Mr. Ireland took it. "It looks like something he would make, but why was it lying around?" He asked. "I'm not sure; what if he was attacked? I found nearly four!"

"You did? He has to be near that area; we should go back to look," Ireland spoke. "No, he could have left the area by now; we must keep looking as we have been. We can meet up with each other if one of us sees him," Scotland spoke. "Do you think France has begun to look?" Wales asked.

"I'm not sure, but knowing him, I don't doubt it. I'm sure he only said we had a head start to make us think we were safe. I don't trust that cheese-eating imbecile. That kid is too cocky for his own good. We will make sure he doesn't even get a glimpse of England," Scotland spoke, angry. When he noticed something, he began to inspect the arrow and the arrowhead. "Look at this, isn't that clothing material? It looks... white? France was wearing a blue dress; who could have England attacked?" Scotland spoke.

Ireland took the arrow and began to inspect it. "Well, who around here wears white?" Ireland asked. They all looked at each other worriedly as they heard a sudden thud noise. "That would be me!" A voice spoke.

They all turned their heads quickly, drawing their swords. "Portugal!" Wales spoke. They were all too shocked to speak. They were not expecting him to be watching. "A little birdie told me you are missing a brother!" Portugal hummed.

"You don't need to lie; I figured I'd find the three of you wandering around if I waited long enough," he laughed.

"What did you do to him?" Scotland glared. Portugal smiled an evil grin. "I guess I was right; that little rat of a kid was England," he thought. "Nothing; he surprised me a little, I must admit. I was going after France, and just as I was about to run off with my prize, low and behold, a cocky little brat who can shoot arrows!" Portugal laughed.

The three brothers looked at him nervously as he began to approach them. "You said he was with France?" Wales spoke, nearly fainting. "Yes, and it seems they might be buddy buddies; France even called him "human," my guess, your idiot of a brother lied about who he was. You know well enough how France will react when he finds out," Portugal laughed.

"Look, we don't have time to argue; we need to find our brother. Can you tell us where they went?" Scotland asked. "Yes, for the right price," he laughed. "He probably wants some territory," Scotland thought. "What is it?" Wales asked.

"Be my ally?"

What he said threw all three of them off. What was he planning? "Against who?"

"France, of course, what a dumb question. He is a nuisance and getting a little too strong for my liking; we should team up, in case," Portugal smiled. "No one has problems right now," Ireland spoke. "Just in case, of course," he smiled.

"Fine, we will back you up on the condition that our brother is found; however, we won't tolerate you attacking him and bringing us into it for no reason," Scotland spoke. "Of course, never; we don't like war," Portugal smiled.

"Now, let's go find your dear baby brother; he could not have gotten far at this point."

Portugal gestured for them to follow him, and they did so hesitantly. They were ready to strike him down if he tried anything funny. "Why would England be with France?" Scotland thought. "He said that France thought England was a normal boy, so maybe France lied about who he was too, maybe they are unaware that the other is a country, if they both find out, it might end badly depending on their reactions," Scotland kept thinking.

The brothers were more on edge after finding out their brother had been with France this whole time. They hoped that in the span of that moment until they found him, England would not accidentally give away his identity. This was the one time they needed their brother to keep lying.

That raised the question of why France had lied about who he was. Did he do it to protect himself? Or maybe he always went by a human alias and did not think twice about it when introducing himself to their brother. "There is one more thing," Portugal started.

"What?" Wales spoke.

"Your brother, he shot me about four times with his arrows; I think it is only fair that you let me get him back before you take him home," he spoke seriously. "What? He is just a kid! He didn't know it was you and was probably scared," Ireland tried to defend. "Hmm? It is not like he can die only once; it would make me happy," he laughed.

"Say yes, or you can find him yourself, and I'll beat you to him," he threatened. The three brothers looked at each other annoyed but gave in quickly. "Fine, but just one, don't go crazy; he can still feel pain," Scotland spoke. He knew England would have been upset if he were here to hear their conversation. "Great! Everything will work out perfectly," Portugal began to laugh.

"Thank god we live on an island away from these weirdos," all three brothers thought. They wanted to build their empire, too, just as any of them, but they were bloodthirsty when it came to it—attacking each other every encounter. The three brothers hoped none of that would wear off on their little brother after his time spent on the mainland. Although, they would need to find him first to figure that out.