ᰔᩚXingqui

Key notes:
F/g(fav genre)
They/them prns(Gn!reader)
High school au!

As you opened the door in the library, you were met with a cool breeze, and the smell of fresh books with a lit candle.

Closing the door quietly behind you, you made your way towards the f/g of books. Trailing your index finger until your eyes find an interesting book.

Picking it up from the shelf, you examine the cover and what it has to offer before you indulge yourself into a nice reading.

The front and soine had the title, with the back giving a neat and detailed description, making it more enticing to read.

As you read the back, you didn't hear footsteps coming to a halt near you, until you heard a soft spoken voice.

"Are you also interested in that book? " he asks, you looked up to see a boy with blue hair, and a uniform with a small but noticeable logo, showing that he was from your school in Liyue. He gave you a soft and warm smile, his hair was short and at a curve, and his hands were occupied with books of all genres.

"Yeah, it seems pretty interesting. Have you read this? " you answered back to blue haired male, "I've read a bit of it, before the library closed. I thought I might be able to read more today, but it seems as though someone got it first. " he explained, looking away and putting all the books he read back onto the shelf where they belonged.

"Oh my bad! You can read it and just let me know when your finished, I can always find another book" you said, feeling slightly guilty for almost taking a book someone was wanting to finish, even though you had just found out.

He let out a small chuckle, "how about we read it together, since I've only read about two pages worth. I haven't gotten much to remember, so to make it both fair on our ends how about we both read together by the couch in the corner? "

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛
As you both sat in the corner, to your surprise it was actually quite nice to have someone read with you, even if at times you both were silently reading in your head.

You hadn't notice time was almost up before the library closes until the librarian came up to the two of you.

"I'm sorry kiddos, but the library is about to close. You'll need to finish whichever page or borrow it" she said, as she gave a warm smile and walked off.

You turned over to Xingqui, "Do you want to take it home? " you asked, closing the book as you remembered the page you both left at.

"I have already have the amount of book I can borrow, so the choice is yours my liege" he says, scratching part of his head.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

"Remember to turn this in when it's due, or early..! " The lady in purple says, as she waves you and blue haired male goodbye.
"Unless you want to face some punishment. " she added, her eyes looking at you two as if you or xingqui angered her.

"O-of course Ms. Lisa! Have a great rest of your day" you choked out, avoiding your gaze towards the librarian as the two of you headed out.

As the door closes behind you, you looked at xingqui. "Where are you headed off next? " you asked, he gave you a smile.

"Just going to my fri-"

"XINGQUIII"

He was cut off by his name being called out from the first floor of the school, you both walked over to the railing to find three other students. They're were two girls, one with long hair in ponytails, the second in a short hair with braided rings, and there was a boy with light blue hair looking up at you and xingqui.

"I assume those are your friends? "

"Yeah, sometimes they can be loud.. Maybe even too loud. "

A slight chuckle slipped out of your mouth.

"Well I guess this is goodbye"

As you turned around and started walking, he turned as well and grabbed your arm. Stopping you to continue your walk back to your dorm. You turned your head to where you could see him, giving him a little hum to let him speak.

"Ah- is it ok if I could have your number? "