15

Time flowed, like the water of a river on a rainy day, and to be honest, I don't know if I was happy or sad about it

Time flowed, like the water of a river on a rainy day, and to be honest, I don't know if I was happy or sad about it. One side of me missed my friends, but the other side was happy because at least I wouldn't see him.
We haven't spoken. Well, he sent me a message the second day when I was there, and I don't know if he did it out of obligation or not, but the only thing he wrote was if I had arrived safely. I didn't bother to reply, and he didn't bother to text or call me again after.

And that's how the days passed, even though we visited many beautiful places in Paris, starting from the Louvre museum to Disney Land, my eyes couldn't stop looking at the phone screen from time to time.

Even though I shouldn't feel that way, lonely, when in fact I was surrounded by many people, he reminded me of everything I saw, touched, liked. I began to think about the plans we had made before, how we would go somewhere and walk every corner of that place, until our legs were tired, and lie down on the ground to count the stars every night. I just forgot that everything was temporary, even his feelings towards me, or at least his lies towards me.

I looked out the taxi window as my mind was deep in a sea of ​​thoughts.
I'm holding on to a piece of what it was, that is never going to be, and isn't even real anymore.

I had a watch in my hands, which didn't stop, but by now I was used to it, it accompanied me everywhere, even when I was nervous, I squeezed it hard, as I am doing now. I knew that eventually, little by little, the day to leave everything behind was coming closer, but I also knew that it would hurt me more than anyone. I squeezed the watch even harder with my hands, until they started to sweat. Then the taxi started to slow down until it finally stopped.

When I got out of it, I took a deep breath, I wasn't supposed to come back today, but one of the dancers wasn't feeling well. I felt bad for her because now she won't be able to be in the dance show that takes place two days from now.

The lights inside the house were all turned off, apparently no one was inside, probably because I had announced that I would come back a day later. I opened the door and started to climb the stairs slowly, a cold feeling took over my body after every step I threw.

As soon as I got to my room, I reached out to turn on the light and approached the bed where I threw the small suitcase I had with me. I dressed myself in comfortable clothes and suddenly felt the need to drink water as my throat was dry.

I threw on a thin shirt and put on a pair of slippers. As I approached the kitchen and took a glass of water in my hands, a light noise was heard from the next room. Something inside me gathered and tightened my chest, but I decided to ignore it. Maybe Jay was back home.

I went out of the kitchen and that noise was felt again, but this time it was lighter. I didn't know if I should move or not, I didn't hear the sound of a car parking outside, nor did the main door open. Quickly, without turning my head in any direction, I went up to my room. I took the phone I had in my bag and decided to call Jay's number.