Chapter 1

It was a rainy day at the cemetery and the young teenager, Uesugi Fuutaro, had passed away...

His Father, his sister... and last but not least his twin brother, Uesugi Azu. Our main character for this story... had lost his brother and his best friend.

A little backstory on our main character over here. Like Fuutaro, Azu was a delinquent. The two of them always went around causing trouble. But one day on their trip to Kyoto, they were seperated from each other. And after that trip, Fuutaro had a change of heart. He became more studious and became a polar opposite of Azu. They became distant from that day but their brother love was still there.

But then... In a tragic accident, Fuutaro sacrificed his life in order to save his little sister from falling off a cliff. That day, Azu dealt with the 5 stages of grief losing his twin brother and his best friend. Then on, he accepted the fact his brother was no longer with him.

As his twin brother, he did what he thought Fuutaro would want him to do. Carry on his dream and become the smartest. Azu knew he had to and he did. He studied harder than he ever did and he achieved greatness. Being at the top at almost every exam there was to offer. He carried on his brother's legacy.

Though, he may be studious, he's still delinquent. Picking fights and causing trouble everywhere he goes. He couldn't let that part of him down. He became the smartest delinquent there was. His delinquency made him remember the times he caused trouble with his brother. That was the only reason he kept doing it. Because it reminded him of his brother.

With Fuutaro's death along with their mother's, they not only had to deal with grief but they also had to deal with the debt that was left on the family's shoulders. So, Azu, being the eldest son, wanted to make things right and help with covering the debt. So that his little sister, Raiha, would live a happy life.

Enough said with our protagonist's backstory. We want to see the juicy stuff! That brings us to our protagonist in high school!

...

Author: Wha- Azu, now!

Azu: Now... *sigh* Fine...

《--[=]--》

In Asahiyama High School, a boy goes to order his food in the school cafeteria. That boy was none other than Uesugi Azu, the school's smartest delinquent.

Azu: The barbecue beef combo, please. Without the beef.

Lunch Lady: R-Right away, sir!

The lunch lady being afraid of Azu, hurriedly gave him his order which he politely paid for. Azu may be a delinquent but he's one of the most polite people to ever exist.

You'd think the cheapest item on this cafeteria's menu would be rice, but no. According to Azu's calculations, if you subtract 200 yen for the beef from the barbecue beef combo, and you get rice plus miso soup and pickled veggies for the price of rice. You get free, unlimited water, too.

Since Azu's family is dealing with such a large debt, he tries not to use as much money as he can as to help with the debt. Azu is always considerate of money... and also desperate for it. Azu always wanted to help with the debt so that his little sister, Raiha, would live a happy life without the burden of their familt suffering from debt.

Azu: Now... to find a seat.

Azu looks around and finds his usual spot. Being a delinquent, Azu is feared by many students so he's pretty much able to find seats almost easily. And he's always left alone because no one in school really likes him but he finds that as a win in his book.