chapter 4

"brother, can we go to the attic." Penelope asked Yohan, as she chewed a chocolate cookie.

After the dinner accident, duke became strict about the siblings food and their stuff. After the servents saw how the head chef and some maids got fired without getting their retirement letter.

They got scared and they become careful on what they serve to them.
But still some servents and the butler haven't changed a bit.

"Broootherrrrrrr~ please let's go up there.. please" Penelope hugged Yohan from behind, which break him from his thoughts.

"Why do you want to go there so bad hmm" Yohan asked curiously. Hearing that penelope excitingly come in front of Yohan.

"Today there will be a festival and the view is best from the attic!!" Penelope said happily as she twirl around.

Yohan put the the book he was holding on the table and looked at his sister, cheerfully tell him about the festival.

"Fine we will go up there" Yohan said, sighing. Hearing that penelope looked at Yohan. She smiled widely and ran to Yohan and hugged him.

"Woah!! We will fall" Yohan said as he balanced himself on the chair. But it didn't effect Penelope a bit.

"We will really go up there!!!" Penelope said that as she looked in Yohan with sparkles in her eyes.

"Haa... Ya we will" Yohan said. "Let's wait until night" he patted her head as she hugged him.

......
Later that night, the siblings went upstairs at the attic. The siblings hold each other's hand as they the stairs which lead them to the third floor.

"Here we are" said Yohan as he pushed the wooden door of the attic.

The siblings placed a few cushions and settle themselves there. They sat closely to the window from which the whole town was visible.

"So pretty...." Penelope mumbled. She was fascinated by the lights lit around the village, which looked like stars at night. Yohan smiled as he watched Penelope.

BOOM!!!

Soon the siblings heard the sound of fireworks. Different colors filled the dark sky.

'this is my first time watching fireworks with someone' Yohan thought as he remembered a bitter memory of his past. He saw fireworks in his previous life but always alone without anyone.

He closed his eyes, trying to forget his painful past. He open his dark blue eyes slowly.

That night the siblings spend a quiet and wonderful time. But they didn't know that they lives were doing to take a terrible turn.

......

The next morning, both the siblings were enjoying the peaceful breakfast when, some maids enter their room.

"Search every corner of the room, immediately" the head maid ordered. Maids entered the room and started their search.

"What are you doing" Yohan asked as he grabbed the waist of one maid. The maid looked frightened but before the maid could say anything, the head maid spoke.

"It's an order from the duke, young master. We can't defy his order" the head maid said. She kept her face cold and stared at both the kids.

"I FOUND IT!!" one of the maid shouted as she took out a necklace with pink pendent, under penelope's bed.

" Inform the duke about it!!" The head maid shouted. "We have found the thief" the head maid say as she glanced as Penelope.

Penelope face turned pale, she grabbed Yohan's hand and shook her head. "I...i didn't do it" she said as she trembled.

"It's okay. I know it wasn't you" Yohan tried to assure Penelope that it was okay. He patted her head.

"Where is the duke" Yohan asked while staring coldly at the head maid. He knew his sister would never anything like that...

Both the siblings went to the garden where ther duke and his sons were. Reynold glared at Penelope in anger.

"Father! She stole yvonne's necklace. This ungrateful thief" Reynold gritted as he pointed his finger at Penelope. Duke put his hand on his son's shoulder and stared at Penelope

"You should be careful of your words, Reynold" Yohan said. It was his first time calling Reynold by his name.  "And what is the proof that my sister did it" Yohan folded his hand as he stared at Reynold coldly.

"I saw the lady going up to the third floor where lady yvonne's room is" pennel came forward. After hearing what pennel said duke also started to think that Penelope really stole the necklace.

"I was also with her. Were you blind that you could not see me but only Penelope" Yohan turned his face to the butler. Pennel sweatdropped but he tried to keep his face as normal as he could.

"Haa... Your tricks are really nice but childish. You want to get rid of us just say it why using these cheap tricks" Yohan smirked. He found is laughable, in his past these things happened to him very often.

" If we wanted we could have thrown you out earli-" Derrick was saying something to support his brother but in between a gaurd came running toward them.

"My lord! Monsters have entered the mansion territory!" he shouted. Everyone were startled by hearing that news. "Call all the gaurds!!" duke commanded.

But before that they saw a huge figure coming toward them. "Grrrr..." A low growl of a beast. It was a wolf like monster with black fur and manic green eyes. It's sharp teeth were shown as it growled.

Knights surrounded the duke, his sons and Yohan protectively but where was Penelope. Upon noticing Penelope absence Yohan grew anxious.

"Penelope!!" He shouted. He pushed the knight aside and looked for penelope. He desperately looked for penelope. He ran in the garden but saw no one. He turned to the training ground.

"Hic...hic" suddenly a sniffing voice. He ran toward that direction hoping to find Penelope safely. But what he saw there, terrified him.

Three beasts were surrounding the magenta haired girl. They were growling at her as if they were ready to make her their prey.

To be continued ~