*Chapter 13: Nitrus Brio*

Crash ran down the bridge, ignoring the danger around him. He avoided the hungry plants, skunks, and the flying robots with cameras. He spins attacks the robots that are watching him. He didn't want Cortex to stop him from getting inside the castle. There are some vultures flying around the castle, making sounds as Crash watches them. Aku Aku followed the bandicoot and see the entrance guarded by the assistants of Cortex.

"Crash, I'll distract the guards and you head inside. I'll meet you in a little while." Aku Aku told Crash who hid behind the bushes. The bandicoot nodded and watched the mask float over to use his mojo to get the scientists' attention. They look up and see Aku Aku above, glowing gold. One of the guards took out a potion and threw it at the mask, but Aku Aku dodged it. He started to float away, luring the scientists away from the doors. Crash saw his chance to get inside. He ran down and push open the doors, quickly shut the doors behind him before anyone would notice.

"Whew!" Crash sighed, wiping his forehead. But what he notices is that the main hall is dark. Crash groaned a little. He walks slowly down the hall, silently, and kept his ears open for any sound. If only he could see in the dark. He found candle lights ahead of him, so he followed the light and hopefully he will find his sister and get out of the castle and never return. He was relieved that he is in the dim light. Then, something hits his foot. Crash looks down to see a Wumpa fruit next to his feet. "Oooh!" He is about to reach for it, but the fruit rolls away and head up the stairs on the right. Crash sees a string attached to the fruit, but his stomach is growling, and he is craving for more Wumpa fruits. Crash follows the fruit up the stairs and went down to a different hallway.

XX

Crash walked in the library as he sees the Wumpa fruit roll towards a scientist, none other than Brio. He picked up the fruit and look at Crash who stop at his tracks. The scientist turned away from the bandicoot to look out the window to see the sun setting.

"So, you've finally made it this far, Crash." Brio spoke. "Dr. Cortex will be impressed when he hears about this, but...he will be angry." The doctor turned to Crash who scratched his head. "If you are asking about Coco, she is alive. But she will be having a little trip to the Vortex. And afterwards, Cortex will mutate the creatures around the world and be the lord!" Brio told him. Crash made a glare, clench his fists. He won't let any of that happen. He will stop Cortex along with Aku Aku and save the world. Everyone they encountered are counting on Crash. Brio grabbed his green potion and look at the bandicoot with regret. "I'm sorry to do this to you, Crash, but I have to stop you from going any further." He said and took a drink.
Crash watched the scientist to see him turning green. Brio twitched and made a grunt. He started to grow. His green coat ripped to shreds as muscles form. Crash lowered his ears at the sight and whimpered a bit. Where is Aku Aku when you need him?

"Rrraawwwwrrr!" Brio roared and began to smash the floors, making the library shake. Crash yelped and scramble around the library to avoid the hulk-like doctor. He hid under the table, shaking a little. Brio flipped over the table and see Crash covering his head, eyes shut tight. Before the big doctor could squish him like a bug, a rainbow beam appeared to shoot him in the head. Brio grunted and fell backwards. Crash turned his head around to see Aku Aku floating by the doorway.

"Crash, you must fight! Don't be afraid! I am here now! Now attack him!" Aku Aku said, finishing his attack. Brio growled, shaking his head and charge at the bandicoot. But Crash jumped on the bookshelves and got on Brio's back, grab a hold of his head. Brio tried to reach for him, but his hands failed to grab the bandicoot who is having a wild time. Aku Aku watches, shaking his wooden body. "Now's not the time for games, Crash! Knock him down!" He said. Crash's grin disappeared and gave the ancient mask a nod. Crash got off of Brio to stand on the bookshelf.

"I will crush you, you fuzzy hairball!" Brio yelled. Crash glared down at him and jump down. Then, he made a spin attack to hit Brio's face. The big doctor stumbled backwards as Crash lands on the ground. The bandicoot ran up to his face again to spin attack once more. Brio was thrown back against the shelf with his work. The potions fall and liquid is all over the floor. Then, Brio was turned back to normal. Aku Aku came in front of the doctor's face.

"Not so tough now, are you?" He taunted with a smirk. Crash giggled. Brio glared up at the mask.

"So, we finally meet, Aku Aku." He said. "After all those years of slumber, Crash somehow awakens you."

"Don't try to make a conversation, Brio!" Aku Aku said with a look in his gold eyes. "You are stopped, but Cortex will be stopped along with you and the rest of those creatures we've beaten so far. We will destroy the Vortex and the Evolve-O Ray so the animals around won't face fears or turn evil." Crash nodded at this. Brio coughed a bit.

"Coco could be up in the lab by now. Cortex will turn her into an evil general." He said. Crash wasted no time. He ran out of the library as Aku Aku follows him. Dingodile and Rilla Roo came in and see Brio sitting by the shelves, surrounded by glass and purple and green liquid around. Dingodile came over in a rush.

"Mate, what happened here? And what happen to your lab coat?" He asked.

"He's here..." Brio said.

"Who?" Rilla Roo asked.

"Crash. He's on his way to the lab." Brio told them. Dingodile snarled a bit. He and Rilla Roo left the library to look for the bandicoot to stop him.