The Awakening

_Unknown Location_

_A Few Moments Later_

The place was pitch black as far as the eye could see which wasn't much due to the lack of illumination.

The central part of the place was illuminated by small particles of luminous silver that seemed to float around that particular area.

The illuminated area was covered in silvery metallic grass that seemed to reflect the light from the luminous particles.

The smoothness of the ground was ruined by the occasional rough triangular obsidian spike that seem to jut out of the ground pointing upward.

The whole area seemed untouched except for the path that passed through the center of the landscape.

The path led to a raised Dias made of obsidian. On the center of the Dias sat a Throne made of the same obsidian material. Both the Dias and the Throne had silvery veins running through them that seemed to pulse in a rhythmic silvery glow.

On the Obsidian Throne sat a man. His hair was black with silvery tips. His eyes were closed for the moment. His attire was composed of black colors with the occasional argent highlights. He wore a long trench coat with silver buttons and cufflinks.

His breathing was even as he sat unmoving on the Throne. The silver grass swayed slightly in the occasional breeze that agitated the luminous platinum particles.

Suddenly, the breeze became a violent gale as an unfathomable pressure appeared in the area and disappeared the next moment. The argent grass swayed violently as the radiant particles were pushed toward the man seated on the Throne whose eyes snapped open revealing viridescent eyes that glowed with suppressed power.

Izarus passively observed his surroundings as he assimilated the memories of his Passive thought.

In that one moment, he lived a life spanning several centuries.

_Begin Memory_

[A/N: Although I have many details of the memory sorted out, I’ll keep it brief so that I could have more flexibility to change details according to future lore releases if possible]

He was Orobashi, the Coral Serpent who was born on a distant land in the Dark Sea away from the Mainland of Teyvat.

He remembered his life before and during the archon war in which he, tired of fighting his fellow gods, fled to Inazuma where he stumbled upon Enkanomiya and its people.

Freeing them of the tyrannical rule of the corrupt nobles, he lived with them as they worshipped him.

His stumbling upon the book ‘Before Sun and Moon’ paved way for his death as he gained forbidden knowledge from the book which resulted in Celestia finding him and his people guilty of possessing forbidden knowledge.

He took all the blame upon himself and accepted the penalty of death but not before bringing his people to the surface and settling them on an island made of corals from his own body.

He grafted his coral on the Vishaps of Enkanomiya so that his people may have a steady supply of them to keep the land fertile before leading them to a losing battle against the Electro Archon. This served the purpose of both him being executed by an envoy of Celestia thus fulfilling his punishment while also bringing his people under the protection of said envoy who he hoped would lead his people to prosperity.

He died knowing at least part of the truth that Celestia tried to hide from the world, with his accusing eyes staring right at it hovering above him.

He briefly gained his senses back during a period of Abyssal calamity and saved the Kitsune friend of Beelzebul from the approaching abominations. Though how that was possible remains a mystery to him.

[A/N: Sorry for the info dump.]

_End Memory_

As he finished assimilating the memories of his previous life, he was once again forced to relive another life, this one was longer than the previous one but was also... corrupted?

_Begin Memory_

Born from the star containing the seed of cosmos, he spent his time adrift in space before happening upon a world in which sentient life was oppressed and enslaved by elemental creatures.

He fought off the Seven Sovereigns of the Elemental Regime with the help of his four shades and sealed the Sovereigns in seven Ingots of Astral Silver.

He remembers the Sun and the three Moons, the Seelies and other civilizations but no details. Anything past that point is lost, corroded away by the Abyss.

_End Memories_

He shook his head to relieve the sharp pain from trying to remember more of the last past.

< It seems that the remaining memories of the first life have been corroded beyond recovery. The fact that it was just a stray passive thought that would never have seen the life of day if not for this peculiar event and the fact that its own energy integrated with the Abyssal energy and was actively trying to corrode it left it vulnerable.

It was a grave oversight on my part. My sincerest apologies My Lord, this won't happen again. >

/ See to it that it doesn’t. /

Izarus answered distractedly as he tried to process both the sets of memories and the connections between the two.

As Orobashi, he read the book ‘Before Sun and Moon’ which speaks of the ‘Old World’ in which The Primordial One frees the oppressed sentient life from the Seven Sovereigns by sealing them.

If the book is to be believed, then his first life was the life of The Primordial One.

The book briefly touches over the various civilizations and beings who lived in the old world, including his four shades, The Sun, The three Moons, The Seelie people, and others. It states that Byakuyakoku was also a part of this vast and diverse civilization.

The book then speaks of The Second Who Came who waged war against The Primordial One, the fight which caused the sinking of Byakuyakoku into the ocean, a fight in which The Primordial One apparently triumphed.

Seeing as he was then reborn as Orobashi, in whose life Celestia ruled supreme with the apparent Primordial One holding the power, Izarus concluded that he had lost the battle against that Second Who Came, and was killed and at some point, had his body consumed by the Abyss, seeing as he could feel his old Primordial Energy coursing through him along with the Abyssal energy that Orobashi was born of and wielded.

So, in conclusion, in both of his lives, his death was ultimately caused by The Second Who Came.

< What do you plan on doing, My Lord? >

/ Oh, not much, I’ll just have to make them pay in the slowest and most painful way that I could. But revenge is indeed a dish that is best served cold. So, for now I'll focus on other matters that require my attention, such as my reason for coming to this world in the first place and the welfare of my people who to this day continue to worship me. /

As he spoke to the Remnant, he flicked his hand toward the empty space in front of him which promptly cracked and split itself into a dark portal.

Entering the portal, Izarus entered the World of Teyvat for the third time.