22.

Trigger Warning-

"Can you slow down?" With a starlet I realized I completely forgot he was right behind me. Roy mutters while trying to match my pace. His makeup bandage wasn't holding up as his shirt was now soaked in blood.

"Shit! I am so sorry." I slowed down and went back to him. He was breathing a bit heavy.

We are right outside of the building. I can see inside through glass doors, so I beckon him to follow me.

As soon as I spotted the front desk, I ask for someone who can look at him. The lady, Faith eyes his drenched shirt.

"How did this happen?" She asks in perfectly practiced tone. We both shared a look. I didn't think about it. Of course they would want to how he got those wounds. But before I could say anything, Roy replied in equally practiced tone.

"My big wolf attacked me last night."

My neck nearly snapped in two, that's fast I turned to him. Did he just?

"And I assume that same wolf patched you up?" She didn't look up from the computer. If she did, she would have seen how panicked I was.

"Yep!" Is this the same stoic Dr. Roy Darang?

"Okay. Room no. S16. Go to your right then left. It's second room. You'll know which one." She pointed in general direction. Roy thanked her and asked her on which floor maternity ward was. She yet again, observed us with narrowed eyes.

"My collea-friend, she was admitted last night here." She glanced at us, probably contemplating if she should report us or not. Then after a sigh she told us the floor and room number. All the while I was stunned to silence.

How could he say that to her?

"What you mean?" He asked innocently when I asked, as if he had no clue what I was talking about. He simply grabbed my hand and started towards where the nurse directed us. I would have bashed his head if not for his current injuries and that we were in pubic.

For someone who just had a really serious talk a mere minutes ago, he was awfully calm. Or maybe cheerful. Because he always had zero facial expressions so I would have to go with calm.

"You said a wolf did that you." I said, pointing at his chest where it was still bleeding. His hand tightened a friction.

"So? It's not like she suspected anything." His eyes bored into mine as if daring me contradict him.

I didn't. I could only drag him to the room.

The room was like a normal hospital room where there were two nurses, both were busy right at this moment. When one of them noticed, she soon guided us to a chair. She surveyed his wounds with a expert eye.

"How are you not weeping, son?" The elderly woman commented. She didn't wait for him to answer before continuing, "This one needs to stitch." She said, her hand hover over his right abs.

"Drew, it will take time. Why don't you go and see Kristen?"

"What? No."

"I am not a kid, Drew. Go and who knows your nephew or niece would be waiting for you." He didn't smile when he said it however his eyes were bright. And he was kind of right, so I left him there with a promise to come back soon.

I took the elevator, Kristen's room was on third floor.

I remember the day Ivy told me about this place, I was puzzled. Why would you take a risk with Kristen? Doctors would suspect she wasn't any normal human or not a human at all. Too much paper work, he replied.