24.

Oliver didn't inform Elliot that he was coming to New York. He didn't even explain that phone call so I decided to not bring it up. It was clear he wasn't ready to open up, actually he never was.

So yesterday he crashed at Ivy's place. We both shared the room and Mom took the guest room. I noticed how restless he was while sleeping, tossing around. Even now at the dining table he was fidgeting. I had to bite my tounge so I wouldn't snap or force him to talk.

He was gussing over Aurora, making stupid jokes with Ivy and Also complimenting him how he was helping Kristen after birth. And that creep literally glowed at his praise.

Fucking disgusting.

Why is he so happy? It's his fucking duty.

Deep big breaths.

Not that it was helping. Oliver had a talent in pissing me off when he keeps things to himself especially when he is hurting. So I moved my focus to food.

Mom had decided to take over kitchen to make all the food which was good for Kristen. And I was not complaining, whatever this was, it was excellent.

When I was busy filling my mouth, I felt my phone vibrate, usually I didn't use my phone while eating however right now it could take my mind off Oliver.

It did.

It was a text from Roy. My hands instantly went cold as I stared at the notification. For the past seven or eight days I had replayed that night many times in my head and I always wondered if that behavior was influenced or I simply wanted him to touch me.

It was not like those moments were making me hot, bothered yes. Extremely bothered, just like that notification was making me.

What could he possible want? Why would he text?

With shaking finger I opened the app.

It was a blank text.

I nearly melted in my chair. I pocketed back. I nearly lost my interest in delicious food spread in front of me.

Was I relieved ?

Yes. Maybe not?

Then I got another notification. I thought a second if I should see it or not but despite my rational side, I took out my phone.

Roy:- Sorry. That's not what I wanted to send.

I smiled after reading that. He sounded nervous even through texts.

Me:- Then what you wanted to say?

I immediately regretted sending that message. Deleting it would be futile as he was typing.

Roy:- How are you? Or something. A blank message is just plain rude.

I chuckled then quickly looked around the table to confirm no one noticed. No one did. So I texted him back.

Me:- Then I would have answered- none of your business. So thank god, you didn't text that.

Roy:- Thank you God.

I didn't knkw what to text back. We are not friends, we are not even acquaintances. It was was weird. Why would he even text me in the first? I wouldn't be surprised if Maxwell spammed all day long, that's their personality. So for Roy to really text me, did shocked me.

Me:- Kristen named her daughter Aurora.

Okay, fucking dumb because he didn't even she already gave birth.

Roy:- I know. Faye sent me a picture of her. She is adorable. Congratulations!

Of course they did. They spent half an hour to take pictures of her, even after nurses threatening them. They must sent those photos to all their colleagues.