The Saviour Of The Broken

"Gee!" Dinah trilled, shaking the sleeping man.

"What honey?" He asked yawning.

"Do you want to go somewhere today?"

"No."

"Come on Gee, please!" She pleaded, shoving him. She pushed him so hard that he fell off the bed.

"Where did you have in mind?" He asked pulling down his 'Smashing Pumpkins' tee.

"I want to go to the Black Parade."

********

They walked among the masses of people. Gerard didn't believe Dinah when she said there was a parade held every year called the Black Parade but he was foolish not to. So many people were here, all dressed in black awaiting the arrival of the main float and marching band.

"We need to get to the front!" Dinah screamed over the noise pulling Gerard over to the ropes.

They got to the front and Dinah opened her bag to retrieve a black jacket. She held it and then carefully put it on. Gerard stared at the way over-sized jacket on her frame and asked.

"What's that?"

"Its my Dad's Black Parade jacket, he used to be in the march you know." She explained.

"Thats so rad!" Gerard exclaimed feeling the strong fabric.

"He used to take me every year." She stated a little sadly.

"Well now I'm taking you." He said taking her hand in his.

Suddenly a beat started to play and Dinah began jumping excitedly. "ITS STARTING GERARD, ITS STARTING!"

He marvelled at the thousands of people who marched on the road, all had identical jackets to Dinah and all played an instrument. After about 5 minutes a big float came into view. It had woman, men and children all dressed in black and chanting the words:

"Do or die, you'll never make me because the world will never take my heart go and try, you'll never break me. We want it all, we wanna play this part. I won't explain or say I'm sorry. I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar."

Dinah mouthed along eagerly to the words then her face turned pale. Her eyes held disbelief and abruptly she ducked under the rope and launched herself in front of the float.

"DINAH!" Gerard yowled as he followed her onto the road. He held her face in her hands and she was shaking and looking around desperately.

"I thought...I thought I saw my Dad. I...I'm so dumb" She sputtered.

"No! You're not dumb!" Gerard insisted.

"I am...I've ruined the parade!" She wailed.

"It'll carry on." Gerard explained.

"It'll carry on." Dinah repeated.

Then Gerard looked into her scared eyes and locked his lips onto hers.

"We'll carry on." Gerard spoke into the kiss as the crowds cheered and the float started up again.